Access’ web services extends our current Dimensions API set, which allows our flagship solution to be easily integrated with other on-premise third-party applications.
Colchester, UK (PRWeb UK) January 28, 2011
Access, the mid-market consulting, software and solutions provider, has today launched its new web services Application Programming Interface (API). This offering enables the award-winning business and accounting solution, Access Dimensions, to be tightly integrated with popular cloud computing applications.
Stuart Allsopp, development director for Access, commented, “Access’ web services extends our current Dimensions API set, which allows our flagship solution to be easily integrated with other on-premise third-party applications. This is something that we’ve been doing successfully for a number of years so web services is the logical next step – particularly as we recently announced that we would be launching a number of cloud offerings this year.”
In the first quarter of 2011, Access will release a cloud-based document management solution. This will be closely followed by an HR system which also operates in the cloud.
By enabling Access Dimensions to be easily integrated into cloud-based applications, we can offer customers more choice and flexibility in how their solutions are delivered,” Stuart continued. “At the same time it also allows them to capitalise on the software investments they’ve already made and introduce cloud applications into the organisation where it makes commercial and operational sense to do so.”
This is particularly relevant in areas such as ecommerce where, for example, there is a clear need for a cloud-based service solution integrated into an on-premise accounting system. With e-commerce applications the communications costs can often balloon; being cloud-based means that the business doesn’t have to deal with the footfall to their website on their own IT infrastructure. It is these instances where the strongest case for cloud-based solutions can be found.
Stuart concluded, “Access’ web services API will help encourage business growth and development by integrating disparate systems. By enabling greater visibility of information and access to data in real time, we can help our customers to remain agile and competitive in the years ahead.”
Download Access’ free web services whitepaper to find out more about what they are, the technology and how they can benefit business.
For more information on Access, its consultancy and software solutions contact Matt Newman on 0845 345 3300 or visit http://www.theaccessgroup.com. Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on twitter, http://www.twitter.com/theaccessgroup.
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market
- The consulting services are backed by more than 75 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 9 offices in the UK and Ireland
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- Accountancy Age Award 2010 for ‘Software Package of the Year’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘Enterprise Accounting & Finance’
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 for ‘SME Human Resources & Human Capital Management’
- FrontRange Partner Awards 2010 for ‘CRM Partner of the Year’
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- Construction Computing Awards 2010, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year'
Head of Group PR
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
Access UK Ltd
T: +44 (0) 1206 322575
F: +44 (0) 1206 322956
# # #