Toms River, NJ (PRWEB) February 11, 2011
Ocean of Love is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to helping Ocean County children with cancer and their families. Our purpose is to assist the children through their illness. We provide financial and emotional support so that they can experience the “normal” joys of childhood, knowing their lives are significant and meaningful to each and every one of us.
Serving over 400 families since 1988, which have lived in Ocean County for 6 months or more, Ocean of Love provides:
· Support Group Meetings
· Food Assistance
· Household Bill Assistance (Utilities, Mortgage, etc.)
· Travel Expenses to and from hospitals that are not covered by other means
· Funeral expenses
· Holiday adoptions & Parties
· Car repairs
· And much more…
Each of our families are treated as friends . . . they are not a number or name without a face. Many consider us a lifeline to hold onto at any time, day or night. When we lose a child to cancer, our contact with the family does not end; this is when we are needed even more.
Many years of devotion by board members, benefactors, staff and above all the generous grassroots efforts of the public has made our mission a reality. Over 400 children and their families of which 50% are considered cancer free have been helped by us. Unfortunately we lose 25% to this appalling disease. The other 25% continue their battle daily.
You Can Help:
· Referrals of Children with Cancer
· Volunteers needed: nurses, social workers, babysitters, office help
· Your talents for fund raisers
· Your business or trade may be available to service the needs of a family
Ocean of Love
1709 Hwy 37E
Toms River, New Jersey 08753
Linda Gillick, Executive Director
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Emergency Cell phone: 732-267-5113