(PRWEB) February 1, 2011
The speaker programme for the third Social Media in Recruitment Conference on the 7th April 2011 was confirmed today by Mike Taylor from Web Based Recruitment - http://www.web-based-recruitment.com. The Conference has been designed to help Recruiters, Recruitment Agencies, Recruitment Advertising Agencies, Job Boards and Recruitment Industry suppliers get the most from using Social Media in Recruitment.
“Social Media is playing an increasingly important role for Recruiters and Recruitment Agencies and we are delighted to have such a varied speaker line-up, especially as each of the speakers has a unique insight into how social media is being used successfully in their own organisations” said Mike Taylor, organiser of the Conference. Following on from the success of the April 2010 Conference (which attracted 250 people from across the world) the 2011 Conference will again include the latest trends in Social Media Recruiting, case studies and best practice examples. “Whether you are recruiting in the private or public sector there is something in the programme for everyone, covering both beginners and experienced users of Social Media” continued Taylor.
The speakers will cover subjects such as planning and introducing Social Media Recruiting into the British Army, how Nokia use LinkedIn on a global basis to build a talent pipeline and how the European Personnel Selection Office in Brussels (who have careers web sites in twenty three different languages) use multilingual Social Media sites to attract new hires. Other subject areas include how Facebook can be used by Recruiters to build a brand and generate hires, how to use LinkedIn effectively in recruitment and how to gain a competitive advantage through Internet Sourcing.
In addition there will be the popular Success Stories speaker session, where delegates from previous Conferences are invited back to share the Social Media success they have achieved since attending in a previous year.
The impressive list of speakers includes:
- Colin Cook - Marketing Director - British Army
- Becky Folb - Global Talent Acquisition Manager (Digital Marketing) – Nokia
- Huw Davies – Head of External Communication - European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO)
- Laurent Brouat – Founder – Link Humans
- Steve Evans – Co-Founder and Managing Director – Net Natives
- Katharine Robinson - Sourcing Recruitment Manager - Capgemini Consulting
- Max MacGillivray – Founder – Redfox Executive Selection
- Matt Burney - Resourcing and Community Executive - G4S
A series of speaker preview interviews can be found on the Conference web site at: http://www.socialmediainrecruitment.com/category/2011-speaker-interviews/
The subject areas to be covered at the Conference will include:
- Building a business case for Implementing Social Media
- Using Social Media to Raise Your Employer Image and Build A Talent Pipeline
- Getting the most from using LinkedIn effectively in recruitment
- Beyond the CV- gaining a competitive advantage through Internet Sourcing
- How Facebook can be used by Recruiters to build a brand and generate hires
- Developing A Global Social Media Strategy
- Previous delegates Social Media Success Stories
- Social Media Question Time
New For 2011 – Expo Area
Brand new for the 2011 Social Media in Recruitment Conference is an exhibition area where delegates will be able to talk to companies and see demonstrations of various Social Media related products and services. “We first introduced this at the recent Mobile and Video in Recruitment Conference in September 2010 and it went down well with delegates. We have therefore decided to make an Expo Area available for the Social Media in Recruitment Conference as well to help delegates see a live demonstration of a product or service in action.”
Full details of the 2011 Social Media in Recruitment Conference can be found at http://www.socialmediainrecruitment.com (Twitter Hashtag - #SMIR).
# # #