Orlando, FL (PRWEB) February 1, 2011
Apps for the iPad, avatars, personalized learning labs, standards-based online courses, and managing information in the cloud -- these are among the innovative ed-tech solutions designed to keep students "always learning" that Pearson is featuring this week at FETC 2011 in Orlando.
Avatars abound in the company's new digital math programs, interactive mobile apps designed to inspire learning anytime, anywhere are launching every day, and data management and assessment tools are maximizing today's web technology to ensure that every student is on the path to success in school, higher education, careers, and life.
Pearson's prime focus at the first major education technology conference of 2011 will be introducing its 19 new mobile products for the iPod, iPod and iTouch for teachers and students. Inspired by the power of mobile technology and brimming with boundless imagination, mobile solutions enable teachers to assess students unobtrusively, diagnose their learning needs swiftly, prescribe personalized learning, monitor student progress, and provide ongoing feedback to students, teachers, and parents. It begins by optimizing assessment data and putting it to work for continuous improvement in student progress and teaching effectiveness.
Thousands of educators in attendance at the conference will also see how they can leverage the "cloud" with CloudConnectTM, Pearson's new product to help schools simplify the creation, set-up, and management of Live@edu accounts for both students and staff. CloudConnect allows districts and education agencies that rely on the Microsoft Live@edu free suite of hosted Microsoft applications (e-mail, calendars, document sharing, instant messaging and video chat) to expand the set of services they offer their students and staff.
Examples of other Pearson offerings educators will have a chance to experience hands-on at FETC include:
- digits - the new middle grades Common Core math curriculum that combines anytime, anywhere web-based applications with point-of-use interactive whiteboard resources
- Writing Coach - a digitally driven grammar and writing program for grades 6-12, providing personalized coaching for every student
- MyLabs online homework and tutorial programs - proven higher education offerings now customized for high schools
- Pearson Virtual Learning powered by Florida Virtual School - consultation, courseware, and custom e-learning solutions
- MathXL for School - the powerful online homework, assessment and tutorial program
- Interactive Science at http://www.MyScienceOnline - a K-8 next-generation program that makes learning personal, relevant, and engaging
- myWorld Geography - a middle grades social studies program that blends technology, hands-on activities, and a student text
- Common Core editions in math and literacy
- Waterford Early Learning's Interactive Whiteboard Lessons - online learning for grades preK-2
- Prentice Hall High School Math's interactive digital path - award-winning technology that's changing the way students see and learn math
- PowerSchool Studio Edition - a platform for connecting the dots between data, content and achievement
- Teacher Compass - streamlined teacher observations and differentiated professional development
- Prevent - data-driven software that helps identify at-risk kids early and easily to stem the drop-out crisis
- Pearson's Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF) Data Integration Suite
- Professional development tips for engaging students with technology-rich lessons
- PowerTeacher Classroom Management System - the latest technology for true standards-based grading
- Online learning and digital paths across math, science, literacy, social studies, humanities, and AP
For more information, visit http://www.pearsonschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PSZmM8.
Pearson has a vision of effective education: a virtuous circle of learning where powerful technologies enable teachers to assess students unobtrusively, diagnose their learning needs swiftly, prescribe personalized learning, and monitor student progress. This ongoing cycle of feedback to students, teachers, and parents begins by optimizing assessment data and putting it to work for continuous improvement in student progress and teaching effectiveness. For more, visit http://www.pearsonschool.com.
Press Contact: Kate Miller, kate.miller(at)pearson(dot)com, 800-745-8489