Rochester, NY (PRWEB) February 4, 2011
Pharos Systems is pleased to announce the launch of Pharos Uniprint® version 8.2, print management software that helps educational institutions and corporations reduce, manage, and recover printing costs. In the higher education setting, students pay for printing by swiping their campus cards, which authenticates them, deducts the cost of the job from their online account, and then releases the documents at the printer. Faculty members use their cards to charge the cost back to their departments, specific grants, or their personal account. Scott Murphy, General Manager of Education Sales, says "people become much more responsible about what they print if they have to pay for it themselves." In fact, many customers report a 30-50% reduction in printing and a 70-80% reduction in waste after implementing Pharos Uniprint.
What's new in 8.2
Uniprint 8.2 offers enhancements in administrative control and usability:
- Card Registration - dynamically registers new user ID cards with login credentials to enable use of secured print/copy devices
- Guest Cards - Permit guest users to use pre-paid cards to access secured print/copy devices without assigning login credentials.
- Internationalization - improves the user experience for non-English installations by supporting foreign languages and characters.
- Grants - control and manage a shared print/copy budget with pre-established allocations and users to prevent overspending.
- User-based charging - allows individualized pricing depending on the user and/or cost center.
- Role-based permissions - allows administrative tasks to be delegated to different groups without needing to give each group full administrative rights to the Uniprint installation.
About Pharos Systems International (http://www.pharos.com)
Pharos Systems is dedicated to Making every print an intelligent decision™. By providing powerful print management and optimization solutions to corporations, educational institutions, and libraries across the globe, Pharos software and services save customers money, reduce waste, and make it easy to secure devices and documents. Pharos is headquartered in Rochester, NY and maintains an R&D facility in Auckland, New Zealand, where the company was founded in 1992.