New York, NY (PRWEB) February 1, 2011
Common Core Authors and Experts to Offer Guidance and Tips for Classroom Implementation of New Principles at Pearson's Free Virtual Conference Feb. 22-25; Register at http://www.pearsoned.com/commoncore
WHAT: For Everyone Transitioning to the Common Core State Standards: A Free Four-day Common Core Virtual Conference
- Educators nationwide will have first-row access to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) experts during Pearson's Common Core Virtual Conference.
- The four-day conference, available free of charge, will include a range of virtual panels, presentations and interactive demonstrations for teachers, administrators, and parents from key authors and architects of the new principles.
- Educators will hear about the goals, background design, and structure of the standards, as well as the long- and short-term implications for implementation from now until 2014.
- More information can be found at http://www.pearsoned.com/commoncore.
WHO: Renowned mathematics experts include:
- Phil Daro - chair of the Common Core Mathematics Workgroup and senior fellow at Pearson's s chool improvement group America's Choice
- Dr. Skip Fennell -- member of the Math K-12 Standards Development team, professor at McDaniel College and past-president of the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics
- Dr. Hung Hsi-Wu -- member of the Math K-12 Standards Development team and professor of mathematics at University of California at Berkley
- Dr. William McCallum -- lead of the Math K-12 Standards Development team and head of the Department of Mathematics at the University of Arizona
- Dr. Jane Schielack - professor of mathematics at Texas A&M University
Renowned English and language arts experts include:
- Sally Hampton -- member of the Common Core English Language Arts Workgroup and senior fellow at Pearson's school improvement group America's Choice
- Dr. Elfrieda "Freddy" Hiebert - text complexity expert and adjunct professor in the Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Berkley
- Grant Wiggins - Understanding by Design co-author and president of Authentic Education
- Karen Wixson -- member of the English Language Arts K-12 Standards Development team and professor of education at University of Michigan
WHERE: Register at http://www.pearsoned.com/commoncore
*All webinars are archived for later access*
WHEN: February 22-25, 2011
QUOTE: "We have assembled the experts on the Common Core to work with us to help all of the educators in the 41 states that are transitioning to the new State Standards. We will continue to offer assistance to states over the coming months as they prepare for this monumental change which will affect millions of teachers, students and parents across the nation," said Peter Cohen, CEO of Pearson's School Group.
Contact: Kate Miller, Pearson, kate(dot)miller(at)pearson(dot) com; 800-745-8489