Fort Worth, TX (PRWEB) February 3, 2011
As part of its acquisition of B&L Structures, http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com/b_and_l_products.htm, in June 2010, Bluff Manufacturing, a national provider of material handling and safety equipment for dock and warehouse applications, is now offering slab handling equipment which adds an additional level of safety for both slab handling personnel and customers as well as for slab products, http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com/products/slab/index.htm.
Natural stone slabs are incredibly heavy materials that require specifically designed equipment to safely handle, transport and store them. Bluff Manufacturing's slab handling products combine heavy duty steel frames and pipes, PVC protective caps and welded construction (no bolting) to ensure durability and safety:
- Bluff A-Frame Slab Transport Rack: Uniquely designed for use in transport. Extreme heavy duty construction provides unmatched durability. Innovative safety features furnish secondary bracing and support system to safeguard personnel and protect materials.
- Bluff Slab Transport Rack "Retro Safety Kit": Allows for the addition of integrated slab safety supports into existing A-Frame slab transport racks. The welding of safety stop pockets along base of one end of the frame combined with the insertion of a 60" vertical handled steel pipe into these pockets provides a secondary bracing element for slab accessibility during delivery.
- Bluff A-Frame Slab Rack Floor Display Unit: Display-a-frame set for use in showroom applications. Two all-welded A-frames are securely joined with two structural angle cross members for a solid display unit. Enhances the security of your slabs in a public showroom.
- Bluff Single-Sided Slab Wall Display Rack: For use in showroom applications, the single-sided display rack sits flush to a wall providing a secure platform for slab presentation. Each set contains two vertical frames which, when tied together with two structural horizontals, provides a single-sided display rack to support one piece of slab.
- Bluff A-Frame Slab Racks: Paired 5-foot slab rack channels with either 5-inch or 6-inch deep pockets for safety post insertion at nine discrete locations. All welded channel manufactured from structural steel, designed for use in storage as well as showroom display. Heavy duty construction provides unmatched durability. Made in 5-foot sections for shipping convenience. Sections can be bolted or connected for longer runs; channels punched for floor anchoring.
- Bluff A-Frame Slab Rack Post: This slab rack post comes in a 5-foot height and is used for insertion into pockets of 5-inch or six 6-inch channel slab racks. The post is secured into variable pockets of slab racks for slab storage and/or display. All posts are painted and include a PVC cap for personnel safety and product protection. Posts are for use with Bluff's Slab Racks.
- Bluff A-Frame Slab Rack Post w/Handle: This 5-foot slab rack post comes with a welded handle for ease of retrieval and insertion into pockets of slab racks. Post is secured into pockets of slab racks for slab storage, display or transport. All posts are painted and include a PVC cap for personnel safety and product protection. Handled posts are for use with Bluff's A-Frame Slab Transport Racks.
"The slab handling products are a natural extension of our material handling and warehouse safety products and will be manufactured in our Fort Worth facility and shipped directly to the customer," said Clark Smith, president of Bluff Manufacturing. "Like all Bluff products, these focus on increasing in-plant efficiency, space utilization and safety."
One Bluff Manufacturing customer that is already using the slab handling products is Daltile Corporation, which manufactures, distributes and markets high-quality ceramic tile and natural stone products. As part of its stone product business, Daltile personnel transport and deliver natural stone slab with immense weight ranges from 700 to 1200 pounds each. There are innumerable safety risks involved in the offloading of slabs from the delivery truck into the recipient's shop. At each offloading location, the slab intended for delivery must be "separated" from the leaning stack in order to facilitate the connection to the lift mechanism. Because of the excessive weight of the slabs, an overhead crane is often used to offload. In its unwavering commitment to minimizing safety risks to their personnel as well as to their customers, Daltile required an effective means to safeguard against slab accidents in the delivery of their natural stone materials.
Due to the large variability in design of existing A-frames in the field, a universal safety retrofit kit was required which could accommodate the majority of existing equipment and bring it uniformly to the high level of safety which Daltile demands. Through active collaboration and partnership with Daltile, Bluff Manufacturing developed an innovative design for retrofitting existing A-Frame Slab Transport Racks, which provides an extra element of worker safety by supplying a secondary bracing or restraint system. Widespread application of this design in the field has served to uniformly safeguard Daltile's personnel and to protect its customers and its products.
For more information about Bluff Manufacturing's slab handling products or to place an order, call toll free 1-800-433-2212 or go to http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com.
About Bluff Manufacturing
For more than 40 years, Bluff Manufacturing has been recognized as an innovative leader in the fabrication and design of high quality dock, warehouse, and safety equipment. Bluff Manufacturing, whose customers include Frito Lay, Lumber Liquidators and ABF, is the only company to meet the American National Standards Institute's (ANSI) MH30.2 standard, ensuring the highest quality products and providing customers with the greatest possible value. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, Bluff Manufacturing serves the entire U.S. through a national distributor network, and the company's 11 distribution warehouses ensure quick delivery of the standard items in the company's product line including yard ramps, dock boards, dock levelers, wheel risers, and safety barrier product Crash Guard.
Bluff Manufacturing acquired B&L Structures, http://www.bluffmanufacturing.com/b_and_l_products.htm, in June 2010, expanding its portfolio to include mezzanine structures, stairways, free standing conveyor support structures, and caged and ships ladders.