San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 2, 2011
As the urge to buy flowers and chocolates grows stronger, Viator.com wants travelers to think outside the heart-shaped box and opt for a more memorable romantic destination activity instead. The team at Viator, the leading resource for researching and booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, has suggestions for infusing an upcoming trip with a little Valentine-flavor, as well as the ultimate in romance – wedding packages. And, many of these activities are available on February 14th to make the most romantic day of the year even sweeter.
Many cities across Europe have an innate romantic feel, and a unique experience enjoyed with that special someone can easily evoke the spirit of Valentine’s Day, any time of year.
- The Private Tour: Venice Gondola Ride with Serenade takes travelers on a mesmerizing journey through the Venetian canals punctuated by a romantic serenade
- From the royal jewelers’ shop to the site of the upcoming nuptials, stroll with a loved one during the Prince William and Kate: The Royal Wedding Walking Tour
- A private capsule, a personal host and skip the line access with the London Eye: Romantic Private Capsule for Two with Champagne make for a memorable experience
- Travelers depart the Eiffel Tower and traverse the Parisian sights in true Cupid style during the Romantic Horse and Carriage Ride through Paris
Gondolas aren’t just for Venice anymore. Cities in the U.S. offer their own unique romantic excursions that travelers as well as locals can share with their loved one.
- Lovers discover a hidden paradise in Los Angeles during the Romantic Huntington Harbor Private Gondola Ride, complete with serenade
- Baby its cold outside, but bundling up under a cozy blanket during the Lake Tahoe Sleigh Ride is enough to warm any chill in the air
- Passengers sip champagne during a magical Sausalito Champagne Seaplane Flight over the Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito and the Tiburon-Belvedere Peninsula
- Turn the amusement of the day into romance at night with an unforgettable and romantic Fireworks Helicopter Tour over Disney's Epcot Center
- During a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon, with Elvis, or in the car at the drive-thru, a wedding from Viator in Las Vegas, Miami or Tampa is the ultimate Valentine gift for that most special someone
A favorite backdrop for many a romantic activity is the beauty provided by Mother Nature, and destinations throughout Australia have that in droves.
- For an indulgent rendezvous, the Whitehaven Beach Champagne Picnic Tour by Helicopter offers up a beautiful beach and sea for a blissfully romantic experience
- Stars in the sky and flickering candles create the ambience dining in the rainforest during the Cairns Flames of the Forest Dining Experience
- All hearts are un-tethered and set soaring during balloon flights around the world including in Melbourne during the Yarra Valley Balloon Flight at Sunrise
Mexico & the Caribbean
Romantic getaways and Mexico and the Caribbean are synonymous with each other. Destinations in both regions play host to some of the loveliest Valentine-inspired experiences around.
- Travelers set sail across beautiful Banderas Bay during the Puerto Vallarta Sunset Cruise and Candlelight Dinner Show with fire-lit torches, lapping seas, swaying palms and enticing music
- As the sun sets over the majestic Caribbean, the billowing square sails propel the Tall Ship Sunset Cruise from Phillipsburg, St. Maarten
To find cupid’s arrow and travel inspiration as well as the latest news, special promotions, deals, contests and suggestions, travelers can visit the Viator Travel Blog (travelblog.viator.com) as well as Twitter (ViatorTravel) and Facebook (ViatorTours).
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like more than 200,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at http://www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, including seven European-language sites and a Japanese site, Viator welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
# # #