New York, NY (PRWEB) February 8, 2011
Girls just want to have fun – particularly when it comes to shopping. Enter PlumWillow (http://www.plumwillow.com), the first-ever online social shopping community created especially for teens. Targeting the most underserved online demographic for social shopping – teen girls – PlumWillow’s mission is to empower its members to create, share and purchase items they love with the help of their Facebook friends and the PlumWillow community.
“As the first social shopping site designed just for teen girls, our objective with PlumWillow is to recreate the experience of teens shopping in a mall, where they gather opinions of their friends, put together outfits using items from multiple stores and collaborate on final purchases and styling decisions,” stated Lindsay Anvik, Director of Marketing, PlumWillow.
PlumWillow is designed for the 13-to-17 year old teen girl, who typically spends 30-to-45 minutes per day on Facebook interacting with her more than 500 friends, yet still has time to shop in the mall with friends, of course, at least two times a month.
PlumWillow features over 20 stores and 800 brands from which teens can mix and match dresses, tops, pants, shoes, accessories and more to create and purchase outfits. The site’s social networking component allows members to post their outfits on PlumWillow as well as Facebook to request feedback from friends and other members.
All of the stores and brands represented on PlumWillow are easily understood by teens and offer price friendly, affordable items. Among the stores and brands represented are: American Eagle Outfitters, Aeropostale, Kohl’s, Target, Macy’s, Buckle, dELiA*s, Gap and Guess. All of the items seen on PlumWillow are available for purchase through the site.
As a social shopping site specially designed for teens – with the input of over 700 digital interns – PlumWillow creates a community through its Homepage, Profile, Create and Discover pages.
- Homepage: The Homepage is where members find the latest styling activity of their Facebook and PlumWillow friends via a live feed that showcases outfits and brands that members are creating or commenting upon.
- Profile Page: A member’s Profile page presents recent activity such as composed outfits, comments and new favorite items, in addition to featuring a virtual closet that houses all the outfits ever created by the member as well as her favorite items. It’s also the place to find favorite outfits that other members have styled.
- Create Page: The Create page is the heart of PlumWillow’s styling function. It’s a multi-brand outfit builder, where members can drag and drop items for sale on to their digital “canvas” to create outfits. Items can be searched by category, store, brand, trend, price or keyword. Outfits can then be saved in the member’s virtual closet.
- Discover Page: Here members can check out popular outfits and new items as well as outfits created by friends.
The PlumWillow experience is all about a connected, social shopping experience - further enhanced by the site’s polls, email-able Wish Lists and Intern Program.
- Polls: In order to get feedback from other members and Facebook friends, members can post Polls asking questions such as “Should I wear this on a date?” or “Do you like these shoes with these pants?”
- Wish Lists: Members can create Wish Lists, which can be emailed to family or friends as gift suggestions complete with notes about sizes and preferred colors.
- Intern Program: The site’s more than 700 digital interns send a steady flow of information and suggestions to the PlumWillow team about content, appearance and the site’s voice.
PlumWillow (http://www.plumwillow.com) is an online teen social shopping community that empowers members to create outfits, share with friends and purchase things they love. Members mix and match items from popular stores and brands to create outfits or entire wardrobes. Each member’s social circle and the PlumWillow community provide style inspiration via outfit creations, wish lists and favorites. Social features allow members to share and collaborate with friends, other members and their entire social network about their shopping activity and purchases.
# # #