Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 4, 2011
Throughout the month of February, stringed instruments lovingly handcrafted by the members of the historic Consortium of Violin Makers ‘Antonio Stradivari’ Cremona will be on display in various venues across the Boston area. The exhibition is the last stop of a national tour for the violins designed to provide a rare opportunity to admire and acquire some of the finest contemporary stringed instruments in the world.
Johnson String Instrument (JSI) will house the collection from February 7-26 at their shop in Newton, MA where customers are invited to view, play, and purchase the instruments. The exhibition will also be shown at several Boston venues, including evening events at the New England Conservatory on February 10 and 17, the latter of which will feature Walden Chamber Players performing on instruments of the exhibition and participate in a discussion with a panel of violin experts. On the evening of February 19 the exhibition travels to the Goethe-Institut Boston for an event celebrating Boston’s young musicians, featuring the Chameleon Arts Ensemble.
The instrument exhibition will be shown at additional private events held across the Boston region, and will travel to a venue in New York at the end of the month. The full schedule of events is as follows:
- February 7-9, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Exhibit at JSI, 11 John St., Newton, MA
- February 10, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.: Exhibit at New England Conservatory, Keller Room, 30 Gainsborough St., Boston, MA
- February 11-12, and 14-16, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Exhibit at JSI, 11 John St., Newton, MA
- February 17, 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.: Exhibit and Concert by the Walden Chamber Players with a panel of violin experts, NEC Keller Room, 30 Gainsborough St., Boston, MA
- February 19, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.: Exhibit, Reception, and Concert by the Chameleon Arts Ensemble, Goethe-Institut, 170 Beacon Street, Boston, MA (invitation only)
- February 20, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Exhibit and Concert by the Boston Chamber Music Network, 65 Gray Cliff Road, Newton, MA
For more information please contact Julia@johnsonstring.com or 800-359-9351, ext. 125.