While on-campus learning has been the standard for culinary education, online programs are quickly emerging as a viable option for students around the world
Foster City, CA (PRWEB) February 7, 2011
Chef2Chef.net, a leading culinary web portal, today announced the winners of a recent vote held to determine the top ten best online culinary programs of 2010. In this third annual voting competition, the nominations and results of which were decided by the Chef2Chef.net community, more than 4,000 votes were cast in an attempt to recognize the best of the best in three categories: culinary schools, online culinary programs, and food blogs.
“While traditional, on-campus learning has been the standard for culinary education, online programs are quickly emerging as a viable option for students around the world,” said Shirley Bartov, Chef2Chef.net Web Producer. “This recognition from the Chef2Chef community stresses the importance of online culinary education in the field of culinary arts.”
Below is the complete list of the Top 10 online culinary programs.
1. Chef Todd Mohr’s Cooking Classes – Online Cooking Classes
2. Le Cordon Bleu – Patisserie and Baking
3. Kendall College – Accelerated Culinary Arts
4. New England Culinary Institute – Restaurant Management
5. Le Cordon Bleu – Culinary Management
6. The Art Institute – Baking and Pastry
7. Virginia College – Pastry Arts
8. Institute of Technology – Baking and Pastry Specialist
9. California Culinary Academy – Culinary Arts Degree
10. eCornell – Food Service Management
To see the entire list of nominations, and to see the winners from 2008 and 2009, visit http://www.chef2chef.net. These rankings allow members of the culinary community to recognize and reward culinary resources and institutions. Chef2Chef is a resource that seeks to provide a space for members of the culinary community—from professional chefs to home cooks—to share resources, tips, and more.
The Chef2Chef Culinary Portal is an interactive community for chefs, culinary students, culinary instructors, and food lovers. The site offers in-depth forums, online cooking classes, job board, and a culinary school directory. The annual rankings presented by Chef2Chef are compiled from the votes of food, beer, and wine lovers around the world.
# # #