"Tada!" - Milo (he is a mouse of few words)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 8, 2011
Milo burst into the app scene late last year with an innovative approach to help children build language skills. Speech Therapists and parents rejoiced at his terrific app focused on Verbs that helped so many children. The energetic mouse has shocked the world again with a follow up app called “Speech with Milo: Prepositions.”
Milo originally decided that he had to partner with Speech Therapists and parents to keep children engaged when learning. The iPad and iPhone were perfect devices for kids since they are touch screen and portable, so Milo decided to star in an app. Thus, “Speech with Milo: Verbs” was launched and a budding star was born.
Milo’s app has been enormously popular in the autism community and in the classroom- receiving almost entirely 5 stars and complimentary reviews. AutismEpicenter.com raved, "Forget Mickey Mouse. Milo is the most popular mouse in our house!" (Milo politely indicated that Mickey was still the king). Milo was also recently nominated for the Mobile Premier Awards as the outstanding education app.
Milo is a mouse of few words- when reached for comment, he danced and said “Tada!” His “creator,” Poorani Doonan, a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, explained that Milo is so effective with children because he quietly demonstrates the word a child is meant to describe rather than say it aloud. The parent/therapist and child are meant to work together to describe what Milo is doing. Milo is the catalyst to the learning process.
- You can see a demo of Milo’s Preposition app here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iky3Vvieoj0
- You can see a demo of the popular Verb app here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EevXmw0Y0f4
The app comes with one set of easy instructions for both Speech Therapists and Parents. The instructions provide you with the means to use the app in many different ways so that it can be used for toddlers and preschoolers, as well as children with language delays.
- Low price of only $1.99
- Used in therapy for children with special needs, such as: Autism / Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, cognitive delays, speech and language delays.
- Fun and affordable
- Milo, an animated mouse, keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
- Instructions for Speech Therapists and Parents (in English only)
- Preposition is spoken as the concept is demonstrated in order to reinforce with auditory input. There is an option to turn this feature off.
- Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills. There is an option to turn this feature off.
- Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the preposition in context.
- Milo takes a break every once in a while with some cheese and a dance. The child gets to feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
- You may customize the prepositions that Milo demonstrates. On List of Words from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, default order, or select your own custom set of prepositions to work on by touching the word(s) in list of words to activate/deactivate blue button.
- Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
Find it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speech-milo-prepositions/id417190136?mt=8
For support issues: http://www.speechwithmilo.com