Sample Prep is an internationally recognized event for experts in sample preparation for detection and identification of viruses, toxins and pathogens.
Brookline, MA (PRWEB) February 8, 2011
The Knowledge Foundation has released the Program details for the 4th Sample Prep conference which will be held at the Hilton Resort & Spa in San Diego, CA from April 4-5, 2011.
Sample Prep is an internationally recognized event for experts in sample preparation for detection and identification of viruses, toxins and pathogens. This conference will address the major issues and state-of-the-art in the technologies for real-world sample preparation. Specific topics to be explored when world leaders convene for this high-level symposium include:
- The Critical Role of Sample Prep in Biodefense
- Improvements in Automated Nucleic Acid Extraction & Purification
- Clinical and Point-of-Care Applications for Advanced Sample Prep Technologies
- Overcoming Sample Prep Challenges for Food & Water Safety
- Advances in Microfluidic Technologies for Sample Preparation
- Integrating Sample Prep and Detection into Commercial Systems
Distinguished Speaker Faculty
- David S. Alburty, InnovaPrep LLC
- Kingsley Amoako, PhD, Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Byron Brehm-Stecher, PhD, Iowa State University
- Robert E. Carlson, PhD, Receptors LLC
- Gabriele Christoffel, Qiagen GmbH
- D. Michael Connolly, PhD, Integrated Nano-Technologies, LLC
- Loganathan Doraisamy, PhD, Menon & Associates, Inc.
- Sandra M. Gaston, PhD, Harvard Medical School
- Thomas Haiqing Gong, PhD, Nanyang Technological University
- Kelly D. Goodwin, PhD, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- Michael J. Heller, PhD, University of California San Diego
- Milena Iacobelli Martinez, PhD, ICx Biosystems
- David Kelso, PhD, Northwestern University
- Hanyoup Kim, PhD, Sandia National Laboratories
- Catherine Klapperich, PhD, Boston University
- Andre Marziali, PhD, Boreal Genomics Inc. & University of British Columbia
- Andrew E. Page, InnovaPrep LLC
- Sébastien Ribault, PhD, Millipore SAS
- Patrick Sislian, PhD, Deton Corp.
- Len Vanderbosch, Invitek GmbH
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, the Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.
# # #