The strategic investments we are making will not only enhance how we create value for existing clients, but will clearly help us reach new markets where our leading-edge research is a natural fit.
Westport, CT (PRWEB) February 9, 2011
Saugatuck Technology, the leading subscription research and business strategy consulting firm focused on the Cloud, today announced record breaking results for 2010. Despite a trying global economy, total revenues grew 41 percent year-over-year, led by the firm's subscription research and advisory business which advanced 66 percent over 2009 performance. Driving the stellar results were a combination of strong new customer acquisition, and high customer satisfaction - with annual contract value (CV) retention now exceeding 85 percent.
Launched only four years ago, Saugatuck's Continuous Research Services (CRS) offering is now the firm's largest line of business, as well as a key contributor of IP to many of the firm's ongoing strategy consulting engagements. Given the growing importance of CRS to the firm's overall performance, Saugatuck further announced five key initiatives and investments in support of its continuing growth.
1) New Research Website: In December, 2010, Saugatuck launched its new research-centric website that substantially improves the user experience and functionality. The website offers CRS clients direct access to the firm's premium subscription research, and provides registration for a complimentary subscription to Saugatuck's weekly Research Alerts for non-clients.
2) New Blog: In addition to the new website, Saugatuck has launched a new blog (Lens 360), providing insights and guidance focused on key market disruptions, emerging technologies and the business of IT. Further, Saugatuck is now leveraging a variety of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) to help ongoing premium clients and registered users gain access to the firm's thought leadership research through channels other than directly through its website.
3) New Branding: In parallel, and as part of a broader branding initiative on behalf of the firm, Saugatuck Technology is now using a new URL (http://www.saugatucktechnology.com) that brings consistency in communication, and in terms of the company's naming convention.
4) New Conference: On May 10, 2011, Saugatuck is hosting the first of what will eventually become a series of business and IT executive conferences. Entitled the Cloud Business Summit (http://www.cloudbusinesssummit.com), the invitation-only conference will be held at the Westin Times Square in New York. The conference website will be launched the week of February 14th, 2011 - detailing the exciting program and agenda of speakers that has been assembled. More information regarding this conference will be available shortly.
5) New Services: Later this spring, Saugatuck will launch the first of what will eventually become a series of supplemental premium subscription research services focusing on helping senior business and IT executives gain business advantage from the emerging phenomenon called Cloud IT.
"I am very excited about how our value proposition continues to evolve," shared Saugatuck's Founder and CEO, Bill McNee, "The strategic investments we are making will not only enhance how we create value for existing clients, but will clearly help us reach new markets where our leading-edge research is a natural fit. In this regard, we have already had great success serving a variety of software, platform and service provider markets, as well as gaining traction in the office of the CIO. What we realized this past year is that our IP and real-world experience helping providers bring new Cloud-enabled business services to market is also of great value to traditional business brands looking to the Cloud to help grow their companies."
About Saugatuck Technology
Saugatuck Technology, Inc. provides subscription research and management consulting services focused on the key market trends and disruptive technologies driving change in enterprise IT, including SaaS, Cloud Infrastructure, Social Computing, Mobility, and Advanced Analytics, among others. Founded in 1999, Saugatuck is headquartered in Westport, CT, with offices in Falmouth, MA, Santa Clara, CA and in Frankfurt, Germany. For more information, please visit http://www.saugatucktechnology.com or call +1.203.454.3900.
To request a briefing with our analysts, contact: chris(dot)macgregor(at)saugatucktechnology(dot)com.