Sonoma, CA (PRWEB) February 9, 2011
Nelson Family of Companies and WorkforceLogic announced that Ron Mester was recently elected to the Board of Directors. Currently he is the President and CEO of LTBL, an information services company. For eight years prior, Mester served as President and CEO of Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the premier research and analysis firm for the staffing and contingent workforce industry.
"Mester brings extensive leadership and human capital experience to our company of advisors and we are thrilled with the addition", says Gary Nelson, Founder and Chairman of the Board. "This is an exciting time for all five of the Nelson brands. We welcome the experience and counsel that Ron will bring to our strategic planning activities. He will help us plan for the continued expansion of our managed services, compliance, risk mitigation and staffing offerings both in the United States and internationally."
States Mester, “I’ve known Gary Nelson for nearly 10 years, and throughout that time I’ve been impressed by his passion for the staffing industry and his ceaseless entrepreneurial mindset. It’s exciting to join the Board and be working more closely with both Gary and CEO, Catherine Candland.”
When it comes to recognizing trends, Mester has a solid track record. At Markettools, he earned a patent for Zoomerang, now one of the world's top online survey tools. At Towers Watson, one of the leading HR consulting firms in the US, Mester advised Fortune 1000 companies on human capital strategy, organizational effectiveness, and overall business strategy. He holds an MBA from the Wharton School and a BA from UC Berkeley.
To learn more about Nelson, visit http://www.nelsonhr.com.
About the Nelson Family of Companies
The Nelson Family of Companies was founded in 1970 by Chairman and former CEO Gary D. Nelson and is headquartered in Sonoma, CA. According to Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the company has grown into the 44th largest staffing company in the United States and is the largest independent human capital solutions company in Northern California. In addition, it ranks nationally among the “Top 10 Best Staffing Firms to Work For.”
The Nelson Family of Companies consists of the following businesses:
- Nelson Staffing: Provides consultant, executive, full-time and temporary talent in a broad range of career areas including winery operations, technology, game software testing, legal, engineering, office administration, hospitality, light industrial, customer service, marketing, non-profit, human resources, business development and sales. http://www.nelsonstaffing.com
- WorkforceLogic: Delivers workforce management and risk mitigation solutions that give businesses of all sizes improved control over their contingent workforce programs. http://www.workforcelogic.com
- Nelson & Associates: Provides full-time and executive search placement, as well as consultant and temporary professionals in all financial areas for all types and sizes of companies with finance personnel. http://www.nelsonandassociates.com
- Nelson Technology: Provides end-to-end consulting services that include requirements gathering and analysis, project management, product/software development, testing, deployment and maintenance, as well as the placement of software and IT support professionals. http://www.nelsontechnology.com
- NelsonJobs.com: Northern California’s premier job board. http://www.nelsonjobs.com
- HRhome: Is a members-only online resource created by HR professionals for HR professionals. Subscribers have access to proprietary content and customizable features within nine primary sections that allow them to find the information, tools and resources they need to quickly solve HR-related challenges. http://www.hrhome.com
Nelson Family of Companies