Pittsburgh (PRWEB) February 10, 2011
KIT Solutions, LLC, a Pittsburgh-based provider of real-time, data-driven decision support services for health and human services organizations, was recently awarded contracts with Connecticut, Delaware, Maine and New York to provide its KIT Prevention Service (KPS).
KPS is a statewide, web-based service that facilitates substance abuse prevention program funding and outcomes data management at the community and county level. With the aggregated data, state-level decision makers can determine which programs are most effective and therefore properly allocate funding.
Specifically, KPS provides:
- Needs Assessment: Used to identify risk and protective factors such as online surveys and existing survey data.
- Capacity Building: KPS can track capacity of prevention organizations at all levels as well as coalitions.
- Planning: A built-in goal and objective builder generates standard and measurable goals and objectives to assure the quality of a prevention plan.
- Implementation: KPS can track service activities in multiple modes.
- Evaluation: Both process and outcome activities can be evaluated.
The details of each state contract include:
- Connecticut: New two-year contract with the Connecticut Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, in which KIT will assist the state department with its mission of improving the quality of life of the people of Connecticut by providing an integrated network of comprehensive, effective and efficient mental health and addiction services that foster self-sufficiency, dignity and respect.
- Delaware: New one-year contract as designated IT vendor for the state of Delaware’s Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families (The Delaware Children’s Department.) KIT will assist the department’s Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services meet operational goals through KPS.
- Maine: Renewed three-year contract in which the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention has adopted KPS to streamline reporting and provide an improved reporting tool for process evaluation and monitoring. It was adopted with significant costs savings to the state. It acts as a single data-driven decision support service to strengthen collaboration between agencies, used in conjunction with the Healthy Maine Works Program and Healthy Maine Partnerships as an evaluation tool managed by the Maine Office of Substance Abuse.
- New York: Renewed five-year contract with the State of New York Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services. This office has developed a web-based automated reporting system, the Prevention Activity and Results Information System, to improve service planning and performance measurement. This application will help the prevention field at all levels to describe innovative practices, improve evidence-based programs and report on successes.
In addition to KPS, KIT Solutions’ prevention clients will also have access to its online learning community. As KPS has evolved over the years to become web-based, the number of states using the service has grown, and those states have formed a learning community. Under this model, KIT, unlike other technology solution companies, modifies its product based on the collective intelligence of the learning community.
“We are happy to assist Connecticut, Delaware, Maine and New York with the important work they do,” said Xiaoyan Zhang, KIT Solutions’ president and CEO. “They allow us to expand our learning community. Our customers can speak with one another and discuss our service, allowing us to learn what works best to provide continuing prevention support to our current and future customers.”
KPS is currently used in 16 states, including California, New York and Pennsylvania. It is one of the leading tested and proven web-based, statewide services on the market today.
About KIT Solutions
KIT Solutions, based in Pittsburgh, provides real-time, data-driven decision support service with Knowledge-based Information Technology (KIT) to health and human service sector agencies across the United States. KIT Solutions delivers Software as a Service (SaaS) over the Internet through dashboards, scorecards, and GIS mapping. This enables clients to cost effectively manage social service programs by helping them better measure impact and performance outcomes, improve decision making based on increased knowledge, implement best practices, and track funding and satisfy grant reporting. Since its founding in 1992, KIT Solutions has grown to more than 70 employees and its clients include several federal agencies and state and local agencies in 16 states and the District of Columbia. More than 15,000 social service professionals use KIT Solutions’ on-line data service daily in more than 2,400 agencies and provider organizations across the nation, enabling them to turn information fragmentation and overload into actionable intelligence. For more information, visit http://www.kitsolutions.net/.