Houston, TX (PRWEB) February 9, 2011
EminentWare a leading provider of configuration and patch management solutions, today announced patch management support for Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Editions. With EminentWare, companies that use Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or Microsoft’s Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to manage patches, can easily deploy and manage Adobe Standard and Adobe Professional Edition patches on servers and desktops enterprise-wide from a central point of control. The Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Edition patches are provided as a part of the EminentWare 3rd Party Updates add-on Pack which enables companies to automatically receive patches for popular 3rd party applications.
Patch management for Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Editions can be challenging in an enterprise because Adobe patches are not cumulative for a given major release. Therefore, patches must be applied in a very specific sequence in order to successfully upgrade from one version to the next. To address this issue, EminentWare is conveniently providing pre-built and tested WSUS and SCCM-ready patches in several versions from Adobe 9.1 to Adobe 9.4. For more detailed information about the versions of Adobe patches provided by EminentWare, please visit: https://www.eminentware.com/cs2008/media/p/719.aspx.
EminentWare extends the power of Microsoft’s WSUS or Microsoft’s SCCM to provide added patch management control, configuration management functionality, and easy-to-use management and compliance reporting. Key patch management and configuration management benefits provided by EminentWare include:
- Extend WSUS and SCCM to deploy and manage Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches on desktops and servers enterprise-wide.
- Quickly determine which patches need to be installed where using real-time views and reporting. Also dynamically control which patches get deployed where and when using EminentWare’s advanced update management capabilities.
- Purchase the EminentWare 3rd party Updates add-on Pack to automatically receive pre-built and tested patches for popular 3rd party applications including Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Mozilla Firefox, iTunes, Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Editions, and more. Using WSUS or SCCM, patches can be quickly and easily deployed to desktops or servers enterprise-wide – requiring no scripting and saving many hours of time on patch management.
- Receive automatic notification when new patches are announced by vendors along with critical levels or security metrics – via email and “Outlook style” pop-up alerts.
- Use EminentWare’s PackageBoot™ Technology to create advanced deployment scenarios such as start/stop services, bundle multiple files in one package, or to run uninstalls and custom scripts.
- Perform on-demand enterprise actions such as enterprise discovery, software and hardware inventory, immediate reboots, and software update scans and deployments.
- Generate enterprise-wide reports and real-time views about patches, desktop configurations, server configurations, desktop & server health and more.
- Diagnose and repair WMI Agents, Windows Update Agents, SCCM Agents, and WSUS Agents enterprise-wide.
- Manage server and desktop configurations, without interfering with end-users.
Pricing and Availability
The Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Editions patches are now available with the EminentWare 3rd Party Updates add-on Pack. For pricing, visit EminentWare’s pricing page at http://www.eminentware.com/patch-management-pricing.html. A 30-day fully-functional trial of the EminentWare Extension Pack can be downloaded by visiting http://www.eminentware.com. Also, live demonstrations of EminentWare’s patch management and configuration management solutions for WSUS and SCCM are offered weekly, visit http://www.eminentware.com to register.
About EminentWare LLC
EminentWare LLC provides highly scalable, cost-effective and powerful enterprise update and configuration management solutions. EminentWare enhances and extends the power of Microsoft management tools such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). EminentWare’s solutions reduce management time and expense by providing 3rd party updates, advanced update management control, on-demand enterprise actions such as reboots, enterprise discovery, software and hardware Inventory, software update scans and deployments, extensive reporting and policy evaluations, WMI and Windows Update Agent Repair, enhanced IT management data collection and health views and SCCM and WSUS Agent or re-install capabilities. For more information, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com.
©2011 EminentWare LLC. EminentWare is a trademark of EminentWare LLC. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #