(PRWEB) February 11, 2011
On February 24th in the west end of London industry website TheMediaBriefing.com will be hosting an in-depth one day conference covering paywall strategies for media owners. http://paywalls.themediabriefing.com/
The conference debates probably the biggest single issue facing newpaper publishers, business and consumer media owners ie. how to best monetise their online traffic.
Some of the topics that will be covered at the event include:
- Can you ever successfully charge for general news content?
- What are the opportunities for niche publications?
- How can media owners best take advantage of e-commerce & affiliate options?
- Is it possible to preserve premium advertising options online?
- Should media owners work with advertising networks?
- Is customer data more valuable than micro-payments?
There is a premier line-up of speakers for the conference. http://paywalls.themediabriefing.com/agenda/
Confirmed to date are:
- Mary Beth Christie, Head of Product Management, FT.com
- Stevie Spring, CEO, Future Publishing
- Elsa Falk, Product Development Manager, Aftonbladet
- Ben Greenish, CEO, The Spectator
- Conor Dignam, Director of Media, Emap Inform
- Matt McAlister, Director, Digital Strategy, Guardian Media Group
- Mike Soutar, CEO, ShortList Media
- Ashley Friedlein, CEO, EConsultancy
- Nick Thomas, Analyst, Forrester Group
- Louise White, Group Marketing Director, Incisive Media
- Peter Kirwan, Correspondent for Wired, the Guardian and Press Gazette
- Paul Lomax, CTO, Dennis Publishing
- Ian Eckert, Project Director, Abacus e-media
- Steve Hewlett, Presenter of Radio 4's Media Show
A fantastic group of delegates have already registered to attend the conference. The advance delegate list can be found here: http://paywalls.themediabriefing.com/whos-coming/
# # #