New York, NY (PRWEB) February 10, 2011
Just three months since launch, Wanderfly.com (http://www.wanderfly.com), the one-stop travel planning website that helps people discover new travel experiences tailored to their budgets and interests, launches a new version with faster, more targeted searches and strikes exciting partnerships with top travel innovators Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Quintessentially and Business Traveler magazine. A widget for third-party sites and user-generated content program are also live.
The site has experienced an impressive response from the world’s travelers, boasting a half-million trips viewed from users in nearly 200 countries and raising $1 million in new funding from investors throughout the United States.
New site enhancements and partnerships include:
- Hotels.com and Jetsetter Partnerships: Hotels.com is now powering the site’s hotel search and a partnership with Jetsetter is in the works to offer Wanderfly users access to Jetsetter’s hand-selected, verified vacations through its 24/7 collection and flash sales.
- Exclusive Quintessentially concierge service: Wanderfly has secured an exclusive partnership with personal concierge service Quintessentially, offering travelers first-class access to the hottest tickets and reservations in over 50 Wanderfly destinations, from New York to Abu Dhabi. Through Wanderfly, users can enjoy Quintessentially services for as little as $50 a day for the length of their trip without paying for an annual membership, normally starting at $1,500.
- More targeted searches with new trip themes: To further customize users’ travel inspiration, new trip themes have also been added, bringing the total to 20 categories. Users can now search for destinations based on family, snow, history, extreme, watersports, singles, art, golf and popular, “hot” destinations as listed by The New York Times, Forbes, Travel + Leisure and others.
- Facebook Connect and social travel planning: With a single sign-in via Facebook Connect, Wanderfly’s recommendations factor in where a user’s “friends” live and will soon allow Facebook friends to plan trips together with an upcoming group-planning tool.
- Media and user-generated content: Business Traveler magazine has signed on to augment Wanderfly’s content. The site will also soon offer user-generated content and welcomes bloggers to join the Wanderfly community. Other existing content providers include Not For Tourists, Lonely Planet, Yelp and NileGuide.
- Widget and mobile application: For third-party sites, such as travel blogs, media outlets and online travel guides, Wanderfly introduces a widget to add custom inspiration and interaction to articles and blog posts. The widget can be downloaded via Wanderfly’s “My Settings” page. A mobile application will be introduced soon.
“The overwhelmingly positive response Wanderfly has received in just three months since launch firmly proves the demand for a new era in online travel and we’re thrilled to be leading the way with a fresh, new experience,” said Evan Schneyer, Wanderfly CEO and co-founder. “We look forward to further personalizing the online travel experience with more exciting partnerships and features and becoming the starting point in online travel.”
Wanderfly (http://www.wanderfly.com) is a travel recommendation engine that helps people discover new experiences tailored to their budgets and interests. Its simplified end-to-end experience enables users to plan, share and book complete trips, including flights, hotels and activities. Powered by a sophisticated recommendation engine, it currently features 1,200+ destinations worldwide and content from dozens of best-in-class brands such as Hotels. com, Facebook, Foursquare, Yelp, Lonely Planet and Not For Tourists.