San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) February 11, 2011
The fifth annual Satmetrix® Net Promoter® Conference in Miami, Fla., concluded last Friday with 500 business leaders from 21 countries and a wide range of industries in attendance. The intensive two-day program focused on the strategy and value of using customer feedback to enhance the customer experience, increase customer loyalty and drive profitable growth. This year’s conference featured more than 30 sessions that were led by industry thought leaders and corporate executives from several best-in-class companies that use Net Promoter to improve customer loyalty and business performance.
Richard Owen, CEO of Satmetrix and co-author of Answering The Ultimate Question, kicked off the conference with a discussion about the innovation battlefield—how leading companies dominate their industries by going after what customers “want,” not what they expect. Owen explained to Satmetrix’s 140 clients and 360 guests how both Promoters and Detractors of a company can be great sources to fuel innovative thinking around products, services and business processes to improve the customer experience. On day two, Fred Reichheld, whose book, The Ultimate Question, first popularized the Net Promoter approach, gave the afternoon keynote, highlighting many examples of transformative and innovative Net Promoter initiatives at several of the world’s leading brands, including what he called “frugal wows” being implemented by loyalty leaders such as Zappos.com, TD Bank and JetBlue Airways.
Other keynote speakers at the conference included:
- Andy Lark, vice president, large enterprise, Dell, stressed the need for companies to have a focused customer strategy and engage directly with customers to drive positive word-of-mouth.
- Megan Burns, principal analyst, Forrester Research, shared new research about the ways companies are organizing teams and making investments to improve customer experiences.
- Deborah Eastman, general manager of business consulting, Satmetrix, highlighted the important and valuable role of social media channels, such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, in a successful Net Promoter customer feedback program.
- Brian Scudamore, CEO, 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, discussed the importance and value of empowering employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Rob Markey, partner at Bain & Company, described the “Net Promoter Flywheel,” illustrating the mutually reinforcing link between happy employees, happy customers and organic growth.
- Dan Cathy, president and COO, Chick-fil-A, explained how the popular restaurant chain combines exceptional service with innovative experiences to go the extra mile and delight customers.
In addition to the conference, Satmetrix held the Net Promoter Associate Certification Course on January 31-February 2, for a sell-out group of more than 100. The three-day workshop teaches best practices for implementing, managing and optimizing a Net Promoter program. Since the inception of the training, more than 1,000 professionals have received the Net Promoter Associate certification. Additional courses are scheduled in London, March 8-10; online, March 24-May 12; San Diego, April 5-7; and Boston, May 17-19. More information is available at http://www.netpromoter.com/training.
The next Satmetrix Net Promoter Conference will take place in London on June 16-17. Visit http://www.netpromoter.com/conferences for more information.
About Net Promoter
Net Promoter® is both a customer loyalty metric and a discipline for using customer feedback to fuel profitable growth in your business. Developed by Satmetrix, Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld, the concept was first popularized through Reichheld’s book The Ultimate Question, and further explored by Richard Owen and Dr. Laura Brooks in Answering the Ultimate Question, which takes an in-depth look at how leading companies are using Net Promoter to drive business improvements around the customer experience. Net Promoter has been embraced by leading companies worldwide as the standard for measuring and improving customer loyalty.
Satmetrix® is the leading provider of successful customer experience management programs and the co-developer of Net Promoter®. The company offers a winning combination of software (SaaS) and best-practices consulting that delivers actionable customer feedback to drive growth, fuel innovation and amplify positive word-of-mouth. Satmetrix has a proven track record of accelerating the success of large-scale, integrated customer experience programs with more than 700 enterprise deployments in 40 languages. Its clients include some of the world’s most customer-centric companies, including Experian, Symantec, ING, HP, Lenovo and SONY. In addition, Satmetrix offers Net Promoter Customer Loyalty Certification for professionals responsible for customer experience, customer loyalty and customer feedback and maintains the online community netpromoter.com. For more information, visit http://www.satmetrix.com, or call 1-888-800-2313 in the United States or +44 (0) 845-371-1040 in Europe.
Net Promoter, NPS and Net Promoter Score are trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company, Inc. and Fred Reichheld.