The industry needs capable stakeholders to step up and reduce the friction that currently stymies the creation of an efficient and profitable mobile platform.
Barcelona, Spain (PRWEB) February 15, 2011
Neustar, Inc., (NYSE: NSR), a provider of market-leading, innovative solutions and directory services to enable trusted communication across networks, and Aepona, a provider of software solutions for Mobile Cloud Computing, today released the results of a new industry white paper*, authored by Yankee Group, called, “The Mobile Cloud: Unlocking New Profits”. The research investigates the growing demand from consumers for high-speed mobile services and its impact on mobile network operators (MNOs), brands, advertisers, content owners, and enterprises. The report reveals that these stakeholders have an opportunity to differentiate themselves and add new revenue-generating services by harnessing mobile cloud computing (mobile cloud).
“Yankee Group is bullish on the prospects for the entire mobile ecosystem - if stakeholders have the ability to work together more efficiently. The industry needs capable stakeholders to step up and reduce the friction that currently stymies the creation of an efficient and profitable mobile platform,” said Brian Partridge, vice president, Anywhere Network Research at Yankee Group. “Solutions that can successfully address these key challenges can help the entire mobile ecosystem create more profits.”
- MNOs will require new sources of revenue that harness the value of the network investments;
- Yankee Group believes that the mobile cloud has the potential to change how consumers work, transact commerce, socialize, and entertain themselves.
- In the last five years, the mobile channel has moved from the bottom of the value stack to the top priority.
- Enterprise IT managers must deal with the growing need for enterprise application mobility and the impact from productivity tools created in the consumer world that are increasingly being brought into the work environment.
- Application developers face significant choices about which platform they should target for development and how to achieve wholesale access to MNO APIs.
“The study conducted by Yankee Group confirms our view that the mobile marketplace is at an inflection point,” said Steve Edwards, senior vice president, Carrier Services. “Operators need monetize their network investments and support consumers’ increasing appetite for rich media services. The Neustar Intelligent Cloud changes the mobile services business model by reducing operating costs and improving the consumer experience, while creating new revenue streams.”
Based on an examination of the mobile marketplace and ecosystem, the Yankee Group believes that a well-executed mobile cloud service eliminates the commercial and technical fragmentation that has proven to be a barrier in the past. The firm believes that by combining mobile cloud services with a motivated ecosystem, there are significant opportunities to enrich the entire marketplace.
“The Aepona software engine powers the convergence of open mobile networks with Mobile Cloud Computing,” said Al Snyder, Chief Executive Officer, Aepona. “Through our work with OneAPI, we saw the need for a service that streamlines the path to market for mobile services. By working with Neustar, we are able to enable a rich variety of applications and series that utilize the mobile network features and intelligence available on-demand via the mobile cloud.”
*A commissioned work conducted by Yankee Group on behalf of Neustar and Aepona as of February 2011.