Miami, FL (PRWEB) February 16, 2011
Hacker Halted USA 2011, the annual cybersecurity conference hosted by the EC-Council, announces it has secured eight prominent industry experts to serve on its new Program Advisory Board. This new body will assist EC-Council in developing a top-tier program and agenda for its upcoming conference in Miami.
“We are delighted to have won the commitment of several top figures in the IT security industry,” said Jay Bavisi, president and co-founder of EC-Council, the organization behind the Hacker Halted series. “It is our goal to make Hacker Halted a leading venue for IT security thought leaders, policy experts, research presentations and ethical hacker training. We are determined and committed to making it the premier event on the East Coast.”
The Program Advisory Board, comprised of several elite information security professionals, will be instrumental in planning Hacker Halted USA 2011, October 20-27, 2011 in Miami, Florida.
Members of the new Program Advisory Board include:
- Dr. Charles Miller - Dr. Miller is a leading authority on exploits and vulnerabilities. He served five years as a Global Network Exploitation Analyst with the National Security Agency (NSA), created the first remote exploit for iPhone and the G1 Android phone and is a regular speaker at prominent security conferences. He is currently the principal analyst with Independent Security Evaluators.
- Gunter Ollmann - Mr. Ollmann is one of the foremost experts in threat research and mitigation. As Dumballa’s vice president of research, Mr. Ollmann focuses on creating new crimeware mitigation technologies and the identification of criminal operators behind botnets and other advanced persistent threats. Prior to Damballa, he served as Chief Security Strategist for IBM and Director of X-Force at Internet Security Systems.
- Matthew Luallen - As president of Sph3r3, LLC, Mr. Luallen is a national expert on SCADA and process control security issues, having consulted for a large percentage of US energy providers. Previously, he provided strategic guidance for Argonne National Laboratory as a member of its Information Architecture and Cyber Security Program Office.
- Richard Stiennon - A nationally known author and speaker on the information security industry. Mr. Stiennon is the founder and chief analyst of IT-Harvest, an independent firm that researches IT security vendors. He was VP of Research at Gartner and Manager of Technical Risk Services at PricewaterhouseCoopers. He writes the security blog ThreatChaos.com which is syndicated by InfoSecIsland and Forbes.com.
- Robert Rounsavall - Mr. Rounsavall is an expert on malware and how it relates to cloud computing and virtualized security. He works on both commercial and federal projects as director for Secure Information Services. He built and deployed the first Portable Security Operations Center. Mr. Rounsavall has a patent pending for total network visibility.
- Pamela Fusco - Ms. Fusco has more than 20 years experience in the information security and risk management industry. She served as executive vice president, Global Information Security, at CitiGroup. She is the principle at LES, LLC and co-founder of the Virtuosi Group.
- Hemma Prafullchandra - Ms. Prafullchandra is a leader in the design and development of security and compliance management solutions. She has served in critical security positions including Security and Networking Group Manager at Sun Microsystems and VP Advanced Products and Resarch at VeriSign, Inc. Ms. Prafullchandra is currently a board member of Alpec and CTO of HyTrust.
The Program Advisory Board will also include Brad Smith, director of the National Cyber Defense Force and the Computer Institute of the Rockies.
This year’s Hacker Halted USA is designed to have four focused tracks:
1. What’s Hot – Featuring the latest and hottest infosec topics
2. Cut the Crap, Show Me the Hack – Highly technical, hacking demos, no slides
3. Securing SCADA and Critical Infrastructures – All important sessions covering protection and vulnerabilities in the SCADA and CI areas
4. Up in the Clouds – All things surrounding cloud and virtualization security
For more information about Hacker Halted USA, please visit http://www.hackerhalted.com.
The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member-based organization that certifies individuals in various e-business and security skills. It is the owner and developer of the world famous Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) course, Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) program, License Penetration Tester (LPT) program and various other programs offered in over 60 countries around the globe. EC-Council has trained over 80,000 individuals and certified more than 30,000 security professionals. These certifications are recognized worldwide and have received endorsements from various government agencies including the US federal government, National Security Agency (NSA), Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), US Army, FBI, Microsoft and CERTs (Computer Emergency Response Team) of various nations. The UUS Department of Defense has included the CEH program into its Directive 8570, making it one of the mandatory standards to be achieved by Computer Network Defenders Service Providers (CND-SP). http://www.eccouncil.org