Rockville, MD (PRWEB) February 16, 2011
PR News is calling for entries in the industry's only awards program honoring communications excellence among nonprofit organizations. The entry deadline for the Nonprofit PR Awards is February 18, with the winners serving as the industry benchmark in nonprofit communications across a broad spectrum, from media relations to crisis management to corporate partnerships and social media.
Winners of this year's program will be honored on May 18 at the National Press Club in Washington DC and featured in a special Nonprofit PR Awards issue of PR News in May. The awards are open to all associations, nonprofits, government agencies, NGOs and their agency partners.
"These awards recognize the outstanding communications activities of PR professionals in the nonprofit sector, an area often gone unrecognized both internally and by various stakeholders," said Diane Schwartz, senior vice president and group publisher of PR News.
A blue-chip panel of judges from the communications arena and PR News will judge entries in the following categories:
- Advocacy Campaign and Lobbying Efforts
- Annual Publication or Brochure
- Branding/Re-Branding Campaign
- Corporate/Nonprofit Partnership/s
- Crisis Management
- Digital PR and Marketing
- Email Newsletter/s
- Employee/Internal Communications
- Event PR
- External Publication or Report (online or print)
- Fundraising Campaign
- Green PR/Marketing
- Internal Publication (online or print)
- Media Relations Campaign
- Member Communications
- New Member Campaign
- Member Retention Campaign
- Natural Disaster Communications
- Nonprofit Partner of the Year
- PR on a Shoestring Budget
- Press Release
- Promotional Items/Merchandise
- Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Public Service Campaign
- Social Media Campaign
- Social Responsibility Campaign
- Use of Facebook
- Use of Twitter
- Video and/or Podcast Program
- Volunteer Program
- Web Site
- Nonprofit Communicator of the Year
- Association/Nonprofit Team of the Year
The awards program, sponsored by PR Web, is presented by the leading industry publication PR News. The winners will be announced at a May 18 awards luncheon at the National Press Club and in the May 23 issue of PR News. For advertising or sponsorship information, contact Diane Schwartz at dschwarttz(at)accessintel(dot)com For questions regarding entering the program, contact Mary-Lou French at mfrench(at)accessintel(dot)com.
About PR News -
The PR News family of products includes PR News, the Platinum PR Awards, PR People Awards, the Nonprofit PR Awards and CSR Awards, The 100 Best Case Studies Book, Guidebook to Best Practices in CSR; Guidebook to Best Practices in Measurement, Crisis Management and Media Training Guidebooks and PR News Webinars. For more information about PR News and related books, webinars and awards programs go to prnewsonline.com.