Saint Louis, MO (PRWEB) February 16, 2011
At the beginning of February, UPICKEM released its freshly designed College Basketball Bracket Contest for over 800 local media companies, including The Washington Post, CBS Television Stations, and Clear Channel. In some cases, local media partners have generated $100,000 or more in online sponsorship from a single UPICKEM sports contest in their market.
Below are a few features that make UPICKEM’s contest successful year after year for local media companies:
- Deep Facebook integration. This past pro football season, huge numbers of users signed up because of the deep Facebook integration. Player’s activity posts back to their walls to encourage friends to join the game.
- Nationally managed by Second Street including prizes, administration and support.
- Client has option to provide local sponsorships, prizes, VIP players and custom graphics.
- A proven mobile solution, plus, new this year, a version for the iPad and other tablets
- A freshly designed pick page. See an example from WIBW-TV.
In January, Second Street hosted a “How to Sell College Basketball” webinar to illustrate the value of their College Basketball Contest and to inspire clients to organize their internal sales teams to begin securing sponsorships. In the webinar, five proven models for generating revenue with UPICKEM’s College Basketball Bracket were presented. Examples included KFMB-TV’s success with an exclusive sponsor, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s first time running the bracket contest online, and WSAZ-TV’s success with a variety of promotion avenues.
To watch UPICKEM’s recorded webinar, visit their College Basketball Resource Center.
About Second Street: Second Street, Inc. is local media’s premier provider of online contesting, daily deals, email and text message marketing, photo e-commerce, and photo and video user-generated content tools. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, Second Street’s products are built to help their partners leverage online promotions to increase ROI, and grow their base of engaged audience. Second Street’s suite of online promotions products include Deadline Deals, UPICKEM National Contests, UPICKEM Custom Contest Engine, eBlast Engine, myCapture Publisher and myCapture Community. For more information, call 314-880-4900.