Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 28, 2011
Atlantic Information Services (AIS), publisher of industry-leading newsletters Health Plan Week, Drug Benefit News, Medicare Advantage News, Health Reform Week and Specialty Pharmacy News, is pleased to announce publication of AIS's Directory of Health Plans: 2011, available in print and on CD. Now in its 8th edition, the directory contains every health plan and primary care preferred provider network operating in the U.S. as of year-end 2010.
Featuring 476 health plan records and more than 3,600 key executive contacts (in 16 job functions), the 2011 directory listings include: national and state-level enrollment data by company, national enrollment by type of product, company contact information, types of primary care offered, NCQA accreditation status and PBM contracted. To see a list of fields in each section, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/aiss-directory-health-plans#data.
AIS's Directory of Health Plans: 2011 is designed to help health plans, PBMs, pharmaceutical companies, technology firms, consultants and other health care organizations:
- Discover which health plans offer certain types of plan models so you can identify where opportunities for market expansion lie.
- Discover which health plans are operating in which states.
- Gain insight into the increasing diversity of health plan models as benefit designs adapt to meet marketplace demands.
- Create targeted mailing lists and develop call lists to network and generate leads for prospective new partners and clients.
- Determine which PPO networks may best serve your benefit design offerings.
- Develop benchmarks for determining the prevalence of certain types of plan models and create projections about which areas are likely to grow.
CD Database Version of Directory Serves as Tool for Marketing, Market Research and Analysis
AIS's Directory of Health Plans comes in two versions -- a printed book version and a CD Database version (which comes with a free copy of the book). The CD contains all of the data in the book in multiple file formats (Excel, Access, dBase and ASCII), so companies can easily create the specific kind of analysis they want. The CD also includes verified contact names in 16 different job functions electronically in mailing lists. Plus, the CD Database features data not found in the print version, including:
- A special Excel workbook that allows users to view enrollment for 16 large national companies with lines for distinct subsidiaries/units including state and product enrollment breakdowns
- Data fields that indicate the following for health insurance companies: fully capitated, partially capitated and non-capitated enrollment; HRA-based and HSA-qualified plan enrollment; and total physicians (PCPs only) and total hospitals (acute care only)
- Health insurers by state containing the full listing of each company operating in each state
- Parent organizations with full listing for corporate headquarters executives, enrollment data and more
- Separate Excel spreadsheets for entities operating in the commercial, Medicare and Medicaid markets
In this industry and this political climate, insurers, providers, pharmaceutical companies, consultants and other health care professionals need to be armed with the most current competitive intelligence available. AIS's Directory of Health Plans: 2011 is considered to be the industry's most reliable and comprehensive source of health plan enrollment data.
For Directory purchase information and to see the full table of contents, sample pages and data field listings, go to http://aishealth.com/marketplace/aiss-directory-health-plans.
# # #