Rancho Cordova, CA (PRWEB) March 7, 2011
Ready to revamp and declutter old beauty products? In the second installment of the “12 Months to Transform Skin” series, here are tips on how to update a skin care arsenal to include healthy, effective products. From identifying expired formulas to extending the life of products, read on for expert advice in Skincare-News.com’s latest article, “Update Your Skin Care Arsenal.”
Tips for maintaining updated, effective formulas
- Label products. Using a permanent marker, label the date of purchase right on the package.
- Buy smaller formulas. For products that are used less frequently or seasonally, look for travel or trial sized formulas. This will prevent wasting precious product — and money — when it’s time to toss any leftovers.
- Store in a linen closet. While the bathroom cabinet is the most convenient place to store cosmetics and lotions, it’s not the best. Bathrooms tend to be the warmest and most humid room in the house — which contributes to the breakdown of ingredients and growth of bacteria. Instead, find a cool, dry place like a linen closet to stash beauty products.
- Pick pumps. Pump dispensers reduce the amount of air and bacteria exposed to the formula and extend the life of the product. Pump dispensers are especially useful for body washes, shampoos and conditioners that are stored in the shower where it gets especially hot and humid.
- Wash brushes. The bristles in brushes can easily trap bacteria, dirt and other impurities. Experts recommend washing natural bristled brushes once a month, and those with synthetic bristles once a week using mild soap, baby shampoo or a brush cleanser.
See the complete guide to keeping beauty products and skincare supplies organized and updated at Skincare-News.com.
Skincare-News.com consistently covers all skincare and beauty topics from head to toe. Check out these latest articles:
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 2: Acne
Looking for answers on effective ways to fight acne? With Skincare-News.com’s Beauty & Skincare Guide, anyone can learn the ins and outs of healthy skincare from head to toe. Whether the goal is to find a gentle acne treatment for dry skin or banish back acne for good, these FAQs can help create a personalized skincare regimen. People will also find tips on treating adult acne during menopause or after discontinuing birth control.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 6: Budget
Beauty products are an investment, and working within a budget means people need to know what’s worth the money and what isn’t. To help people choose wisely, this chapter of the Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook offers essential tips for anyone looking for ways to save on quality skincare, gifts and more. Check out this section for tips on the best beauty indulgences, low-cost natural products and ideas for thoughtful gifts that won’t break the bank.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 10: Makeup
Makeup can be a great way to amplify natural beauty and conceal flaws, but for most people, learning the cosmetic ropes takes practice. Even for those who only wear makeup on occasion, learning what works and what doesn’t is key to a polished look. Use Part 10 of the Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook to demystify cosmetics like primers and mineral makeup, and create the best makeup regimen for individual skin types and lifestyle. Plus, see answers to questions on application tips, proper makeup and brush storage, and tricks for creating a glowing complexion.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 14: Skincare Routine & Lifestyle
A well-rounded beauty routine goes beyond a good cleanser and moisturizer. Knowing how and when to use products, as well as essential lifestyle tips like the potential damage of cigarettes and coffee, are keys to beautifully healthy skin. Learn the ins and outs of exfoliation, the truth about moisturizing and important facts about lifestyle choices and age-specific skincare. Find out more about creating an effective skincare routine in Chapter 14 of Skincare-news.com’s FAQ Handbook.
About Skincare-News.com—“Your Source for Intelligent Skin Care”
Skincare-News.com is the online source for consumers seeking intelligent beauty and skin care news, advice, tips and articles. Founded in 2005, Skincare-News.com features articles, news items and frequently asked questions on skincare and beauty-related issues. Skincare-News.com is located in Sacramento, California, but receives visitors from all around the world. For more information, visit http://www.skincare-news.com.
# # #