London, UK (PRWEB) March 1, 2011
Visual Technology Services announces a series of new functionalities and extended usability across the PDF3D versions available for desktops or server environments. The efforts are focused on maximizing usability for developers. For example integration is improved on various levels, including, but not limited to the ParaView, VTK, AVS and VRML Interfaces. Based on the latest technology from Visual Technology Services' labs, no less than 51 brand new functionalities are added to the PDF3D Software Development Kit. Some of the most important enhancements are:
- Mouse3DProbe location probe, distance, angle and slope-azimuth measurements
- PDF/Engineering ISO 24517 mode
- PRC encoding improved transparent surface visual quality
- Advanced Texture cache API
- ZMapPlus ASCII grid files support
- MS Visual Studio full suite of 2003 through 2010 versions
Aimed at bringing something new to our end users, the PDF3DReportGen application is improved in three main areas: interface, usability and increased format support enhancements. In the area of interoperability quality, functional and usability improvements have been made to expand the capability of the Open Scene Graph, VTK, STL, Coin3D & VRML interfaces.
"It is exciting to see the wide diversity of applications that are getting the benefit of our R&D efforts to facilitate integration and the high quality 3D data representation with user friendly capabilities. We are offering our customers the unique chance to transform 3D Data into information-rich 3D PDF's with supporting technical information." Comments Ian Curington, CEO of Visual Technology Services.
Visual Technology Services makes use of the latest technology to become an important part of the 3D revolution, and with products like PDF3D, we are accomplishing our vision every day.
- This is why we added increased capability to the PRC compression functionality.
- The PRC, also known as Product Representation Compact, is the state-of-the-art 3D file format used for embedding 3D data in a PDF file.
- With the new compression capability, we aimed to reach a higher standard of quality of rendering 3D content in a PDF file. Moreover, clients have the opportunity to explore the expansion of the practical size of 3D models, thus getting more from their Adobe® Reader.
Visual Technology Services strives to accelerate the collaborative value of the 3D content in PDF3D generated documents viewed via the Free Adobe reader and other Adobe products.
PDF3D (http://www.pdf3d.com) is an innovative independent 3D technical publishing technology for U3D and PRC 3D models viewable in PDF documents. Covering a wide range of applications from geospatial, geology, aerospace, architecture, product packaging, and online sales & marketing, PDF3D makes it practical to distribute interactive 3D documents to everyone with the free Adobe Reader.