Wilmington, Del. (PRWEB) March 2, 2011
The Delaware Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America announced its 2011 Board of Directors. Board members were elected by their peers and members of the chapter.
- President, Dan Tipton (President of Tipton Communications)
- Immediate Past President, Jennifer Johnston (Senior Communications Manager, Christiana Care Health System)
- Treasurer, Marsha Hook (External Affairs Business Manager, Christiana Care Health System)
- Secretary, Jeff Jackson (CFRE Development & Communications, CHILD, Inc.)
- Assembly Delegate, Nikki Lavoie (Strategic Communications Manager, Delaware Economic Development Office)
- Director At-Large, Spiros Mantzavinos (Principal, The Mantzavinos Group)
- Director At-Large, Suzanna Rogers, APR (Public Relations and Marketing Communications Professional)
“The new Board includes some of Delaware’s most talented public relations professionals,” Tipton said. “We will do all that we can to uphold the ideals and achieve the goals of PRSA Delaware.”
The Board is developing a new strategic plan for PRSA Delaware as one of its first initiatives and expects to release a draft for member comment in the months ahead.
PRSA Delaware President Dan Tipton has more than 25 years of communications experience and served as director of communications for MBNA Corporation (now part of Bank of America) for more than a decade before founding Tipton Communications in 2006. He earned his MBA from the University of Delaware and now serves as an adjunct professor in the school’s Communication department. He also serves on the board of Junior Achievement of Delaware.
About PRSA Delaware
The Delaware Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (http://www.prsadelaware.org) is a group dedicated to developing and enriching the professional lives of Delaware's public relations practitioners. PRSA Delaware promotes the highest standards of professional competence and ethics, fosters professional education and development and seeks to build an understanding and support for public relations throughout the business community. Through regular professional development opportunities and service to our community, PRSA Delaware provides a number of opportunities to enhance professional growth and network throughout the year. Follow PRSA Delaware on Twitter @PRSADE. Like the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/PRSADE. Or, join the chapter Group on LinkedIn.
The Public Relations Society of America (http://www.prsa.org), headquartered in New York City, is the world's largest professional organization for public relations practitioners, with more than 20,000 members organized into more than 100 Chapters nationwide. Members include public relations executives who work for corporations, agencies and counseling firms; government; associations; professional services firms and educational, health care and other nonprofit organizations.