Most people have all the space that they need for the things that matter. The degree of efficiency and effectiveness in the use of that space determines whether there is sufficient room for storage.
(PRWEB) March 7, 2011
As the owner of Organizing-Toronto, Professional Organizer Andrew Neary helps people with limited space to create storage solutions. According to Neary, “as condos, apartments, and even some houses in major urban areas get smaller and smaller, finding enough storage space has become a growing challenge”.
Mr. Neary uses his knowledge and experience to help his clients achieve the results that they want. His just released organizing tips incorporate tried and tested principles for expanding space and storing more of what matters.
1. Declutter. "If I had to pick one single factor that most contributes to a lack of storage space", says Neary, "it would be clutter. By getting rid of clutter, it's possible to significantly expand storage area overnight."
2. Use Dual Purpose Furniture. By incorporating pieces that serve two or more purposes, space is effectively doubled.
3. Install Organizing Systems in Closets. Systems allow homeowners to harness every inch of available space.
4. Get a Locker. A storage locker is a small space essential for storing the things that just don't belong in your home.
5. Harness Wallspace. Use hooks and shelves to create vertical spaces for your things.
6. Raise It Up. Find space under beds, sofas and other furniture by using risers and custom legs.
7. Consider Purchases Carefully. Know where you will store new things before they are bought and determine appropriate sizes in advance.
8. Stack it High. Use organizing products that are made to fit one atop the other and, if possible, ones that open from the side.
9. Use Your Balcony. Use resin boxes and other climate resistant storage products to contain outdoor appropriate belongings.
10. Repurpose Space for Non-Traditional Uses. Let needs and lifestyle determine whether a solution is appropriate.
In addition to these newly available organizing tips, Professional Organizer Neary regulary publishes ideas, how to information, as well as advice on his website at http://www.Organizing-Toronto.com/OrganizingTips.html. According to Neary, "Most people have all the space that they need for the things that matter. The degree of efficiency and effectiveness in the use of that space is what determines whether there is sufficient room for storage".
Andrew Neary is a 15 year verteran of the Canadian and U.K. services industries. Since founding his Professional Organizer Business, Mr. Neary has earned a reputation for getting the job done on time and on budget.
As a recognized expert in Organizing, Neary has been quoted in print media coast to coast from the Toronto Star and Ottawa Citizen to the Windsor Star, Calgary Herald and the Vancouver Sun, to name a few. He is a frequent speaker at Toronto area colleges and has appeared as a guest expert on TV and Radio.