£2.99 for the CP12 is less than half of what other providers are charging, and includes a boiler service too. It's a great opportunity for landlords to save money at a time when many may be feeling the pinch.
London (PRWEB) March 5, 2011
All UK landlords are legally required to conduct a gas safety check (CP12) every 12 months on rental properties which can prove to be an added cost. To ensure you are making the most out of your property in difficult economic times, HomeServe is offering a gas safety check with additional boiler service for just £2.99 a month (or £35.88 annually) compared to industry alternatives which start from £69, but hurry the extended offer ends on the 31st March.
HomeServe’s warming offer was reintroduced due to popular demand to take the pain out of boiler maintenance with a price that is around half the cost of most CP12 offers available from other main providers. The policy runs for the cost effective price of £2.99 a month for 12 months* and includes an additional boiler service. This highlights the value of the offer when a boiler services alone can cost upwards of £100.
Jon Florsheim CEO for HomeServe Membership commented: “£2.99 for the CP12 is less than half of what other providers are charging, and includes a boiler service too. It’s a great opportunity for landlords to save money at a time when many may be feeling the pinch.”
HomeServe Annual Gas Safety Inspection
In addition to the CP12 other activities undertaken by the qualified HomeServe engineer include:
- Identify and agree gas appliance(s) to be tested as part of inspection
- Check appliance(s) for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available
- Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers’ data plate
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the Landlord
- Issue gas safety certificate in accordance with agreed procedure
HomeServe Annual Gas Boiler Service
Activities undertaken by HomeServe engineer, in addition to those carried out as part of the CP12, will include:
- Taking the boiler apart
- Cleaning all elements
- Re-setting all pressures
- Checking seals
- Checking flueing arrangements
- Checking electricity supply/connections
- Checking pilot/gas pressure
HomeServe’s answer to all home emergencies means that an engineer can be called upon and an emergency can be fixed immediately regardless of who the tenant is. The memorable 0800 24 7 999 number bypasses busy landlords so that the tenant can call direct and avoid sleepless nights, allowing tenants and landlords to benefit from professional, safe and trusted engineers.
In addition to the CP12 and Boiler Service, landlords could also benefit from HomeServe’s specific Landlord Emergency Cover aimed at helping them take the expense out of rental property emergencies and allowing tenants to claim directly without any hassle for the property owner. For as little as £8.33** a month, landlords’ properties can be covered against standard home emergencies with Emergency Plus - Houses (securing your property for problems with external drains, internal drainage/ plumbing, wiring, leaks/tiles blown off roofs) with additional coverage available.
HomeServe is the UK’s provider of home emergency cover and home repairs. For further information please contact http://www.homeserve.com
Notes to editor
*At the end of the 12 month period prices are liable to increase
** Landlord Emergency Cover is separate from the CP12 and starts from £8.33 a month
- The above CP12 inspection and service can take place after a minimum of 14 days and can be arranged at a time that is suitable to the landlord/ tenant
- This offer ends on the 31st March 2011
- If remedial action is required prior to the issue of the gas safety certificate the engineer will discuss this with you and agree appropriate charges
- Those without HomeServe’s monthly coverage could benefit from HomeServe’s fixed-price promise on individual jobs, with no hidden costs or call-out fees and parts, labour and VAT included along with a 12 month guarantee. HomeServe is currently offering new customers twelve months cover for the price of 10, with additional discounts for those with multiple properties.
For further information about HomeServe or their services please contact:
- Ben Dobson, Resonate on 020 7861 2525/ bdobson(at)resonate(dot)uk(dot)com
- Matt Henson, Resonate on 020 7861 3013/ mhenson(at)resonate(dot)uk(dot)com