Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) March 3, 2011
Torys LLP is pleased to announce the opening of its Calgary office, established to enhance its service to Canadian and international clients that are investing or conducting business in Alberta or in the energy sector overseas. The addition of a Calgary presence to Torys’ existing platforms in Toronto and New York will align the firm with the evolving needs of its clients, and strengthen its position as a leading international law firm. “The pace of economic growth in Calgary and its strength in the energy sector have earned the city a reputation as an internationally recognized financial and business hub,” says Les Viner, Managing Partner.
With the opening of the office, the firm has brought together an experienced, collaborative team who will serve the firm’s clients in existing engagements, and in the energy resource sector in which Canada is a major player internationally. “I am delighted to welcome these outstanding lawyers to Torys,” says Mr. Viner. “We look forward to providing the firm’s clients in Calgary with the same exceptional service and value for which Torys is known.”
Torys has roots in Calgary and is proud to establish a permanent base there with partners who are deeply committed to and involved in the community, including
- Tony Cioni. Before joining Torys, Tony was in-house counsel at Husky Energy. His practice focuses on energy upstream, with an emphasis on domestic and international oil exploration, production, construction development and upstream portfolio management. He also has significant experience in international transactions, having worked on matters in more than 25 countries. Tony is fluent in French, Italian and Russian.
- Scott R. Cochlan. Scott’s practice focuses on corporate finance and M&A. He advises issuers and underwriters on various complex matters, including domestic and cross-border public and private equity and debt financings, M&A, and other business reorganizations and restructurings.
- Ron Deyholos. Ron’s practice focuses on corporate, infrastructure and energy law. He advises on acquisitions and divestitures, and on the development of various energy projects in Canada, including major offshore oil and gas, oil sands, cogeneration and wind power projects.
- Kevin A. Fougere. Kevin’s practice focuses on debt finance and lending transactions. He advises corporate clients and financial institutions on project financings, syndicated bank transactions, bond financings, cross-border financings, acquisition financings and asset-based lending transactions.
- Harold Huber. Harold practises corporate law, advising on reorganizations, privatizations, financings, M&A, joint ventures and partnerships. He has significant experience in the electric energy sector, and oil and gas sector, with an emphasis on greenfield energy development projects. He has a strong background in regulatory law.
- Neville Jugnauth. Neville’s practice has a focus on M&A and financing transactions. He advises public and private enterprises in the oil, gas and technology industries, and underwriters and private investors in securities offerings in Canada and the United States.
- Janan Paskaran. Janan practises corporate and securities law, with extensive experience representing issuers in public and private financing and M&A transactions, including cross-border deals. He also advises on securities compliance, procedures and governance.
Torys’ team in Calgary will have the capability to execute corporate transactions with the bench strength and superior service that is a hallmark of the firm.
Torys LLP is an international business law firm. Its additional two offices are in Toronto and New York.