“Forty years without an accident is an extraordinary accomplishment.”
Cedar Rapids, IA (PRWEB) March 7, 2011
CRST Expedited, Inc., the largest operating company of CRST International, Inc., has recognized an additional 11 drivers for completing at least one million accident-free miles. The drivers were presented awards at a Feb. 25 banquet at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, home to CRST International’s corporate headquarters.
“CRST is proud to have these drivers as part of the CRST team,” said John Labrie, CRST Expedited, Inc. President. “The pride they take in their careers, every day, with every mile traveled is evident in their track record of safe driving. We salute and thank them for their professionalism and commitment to safety.”
The company gave special recognition to Joseph Scherbring who has been driving for CRST for 40 years and has achieved 4.6 million accident-free miles.
“Forty years without an accident is an extraordinary accomplishment,” said Labrie. “Having a role model like Joseph on our roster is something we are very proud of and we congratulate and thank him for his four decades of exemplary service.”
The drivers recognized are:
- Edgar Ayer, Jr., El Cajon, CA, joined CRST 2000, 1 million miles
- David Begnell, San Bernardino, CA, joined CRST 1999, 1 million miles
- John Ham, Bloomington, CA, joined CRST in 1999, 1 million miles
- Forest Henning, Uniontown, OH, joined CRST 2001, 1 million miles
- William Korsgren, Athens, TN, joined CRST 1998, 1 million miles
- Earl Mallory, Boonville, MO, joined CRST 1998, 1 million miles
- Reginald Walker, Haleyville, AL, joined CRST 2000, 1 million miles
- Michael Strizak, Stewartsville, OH, joined CRST 1992, 2 million miles
- Gregory Moser, Center Point, IA, joined CRST 1985, 3 million miles
- Gilbert Weekley, Paden City, WV, joined CRST 1986, 3 million miles
- Joseph Scherbring, Manchester, IA, joined CRST 1971, 4.6 million miles
According to the American Trucking Association there are approximately 3.4 million professional truck drivers in the United States. Most individual long-haul drivers average between 100,000 and 110,000 miles per year.
CRST International, Inc.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa–based CRST International, Inc. is one of the largest privately-held transportation companies in the United States. Through its four operating companies, CRST provides a broad array of transportation solutions, including Van, Flatbed and Dedicated, as well as Brokerage and Transportation Management Services. CRST’s operating companies are made up of CRST Expedited, Inc., CRST Malone, Inc., CRST Dedicated Services, Inc. and CRST Logistics, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.crst.com.
# # #