Austin, TX (PRWEB) March 4, 2011
Hurricane Party, a free iPhone app that makes it fun and easy to create spontaneous events with friends, today launched its service nationwide after a successful beta period in Austin, Texas. Huzzah!
Hurricane Party is how we get together and go together, whether that’s a casual brunch at a friend’s house, a secret wine party with a well-know sommelier, a retreat to the Driskill after too much waiting in line, or a kickball death match late into the night.
The mission is simple – put the social back in social networking with less planning, less coordinating, and more doing and having fun. Our inboxes are flooded with invites and notifications, RSVP’s and FYI’s. Hurricane Party restores the magic of the spontaneous and the serendipitous, where real-world experiences can happen with real-world friends, without all the fuss.
Using the app, we can see where our friends are hanging out in real-time, or start a new party by automatically notifying our favorite people. Hurricanes can be public or private.
Whether you just have a few hours free for a game of disc golf, or you want to assemble something Charlie Sheen-worthy, Hurricane Party is the backchannel of choice for creating an unforgettable experience full of win.
“We had a heck of a time finding friends and having our kind of fun at last year’s SXSW conference and music festival in Austin,” said René J. Pinnell, Co-founder and CEO of Hurricane Party. “The app creates a powerful backchannel. With Hurricane Party, your social network is active and alive – it’s about connecting with real friends in the real world, at last.”
The Hurricane Party app, which is being released nationwide in conjunction with the beginning of this year’s SXSW Interactive Conference, offers dead-simple features for iPhone users to find, share and create the best parties during SXSW in Austin, and beyond. Rather than combing through 10,000 tweets, or a bunch of Facebook invitations, conference and festival-goers will be able to immediately find or create parties and events that everyone wants to attend.
“The city of Austin has been the perfect breeding ground for Hurricane Party,” said Eric Katerman, Co-founder and CTO. “This city has one of the most renowned music, dining and party scenes of any city in the country, and it’s paired up with an incredibly entrepreneurial emerging technology community. The combination of the two has helped us shape the app to be something really sticky for our users.”
The Hurricane Party app was released today, nationwide. It can be download from the iTunes AppStore here.
Hurricane Party Features Include:
- Location-based mapping for you to find dope parties
- RSVP functionality so you can tell your friends you’re going to hit up that dope party
- Integration with other social networks so that you can tell friends what’s going down at the dopest party in town
- Privacy controls so you can invite only the chill people you want to have at your dope party
- Photo sharing so you can capture scenes from Category 5 (the very dopest) Hurricanes
Side Effects May Include:
- Having more time to have fun
- Having a better social life
- Using group texts to actually do something
- Waiting in line less at SXSW because you have…options
- Watch the sweet Hurricane Party screencast here
- Download screenshots here
- Check out the bumpin’ Hurricane Party blog here
- Download the Hurricane Party logo here
Connect with Hurricane Party on:
- Our blog, http://hrrcnprty.wordpress.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/hurricaneparty
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hurricane-Party/102977983083746
Formed in May of 2010, Hurricane Party was one of only five companies selected from a pool of several hundred for Capital Factory's prestigious seed incubator program.
About Hurricane Party:
Hurricane Party is a free mobile app that helps friends find, share and create spontaneous events and parties. A graduate of Capital Factory's seed incubator program, Hurricane Party was formed right in the heart of Austin, TX, to help friends embrace and create the spontaneous micro-experiences that become unforgettable with a few simple clicks.
See at-a-glance where your friends are partying or create your own event and easily invite friends cross-platform. With Hurricane Party, individuals and businesses can keep up with the people and events they care about most.
For more information, visit http://www.hurricaneparty.com/
# # #