New York, NY (PRWEB) March 8, 2011
Today, Rock On! Films and Director Joe Eckardt introduced an ambitious genre-spanning slate of 9 films to be financed, developed and produced over the next two years. Eckardt, the creator and owner of Rock On! will act as producer for the slate.
Highlights of the slate include:
- Oscar nominees Peter Fonda (Ulee’s Gold) and Talia Shire (Rocky) in the drama I Ride Alone, Fonda’s return to the biker/road film 40 years after Easy Rider.
- You May Be Right, a comedy featuring Jason Mewes (Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) and Corbin Bernsen (Major League) as members of an aging cover band taking one last shot at their dream
- Lacey Chabert (Mean Girls, Party of Five) in a modern-day twist on the Cinderella story, the romantic comedy Other Plans.
- Black River, a pitch black thriller starring Dallas Page and Hulk Hogan in a cat-and-mouse game between a serial killer and a recovering alcoholic with a dark past
- Shock, a supernatural horror film starring Edward Furlong (Terminator 2, American History X)
"Our slate is deliberately diverse to appeal to a larger audience, which mitigates investor risk,” says Eckardt, “But what attracted me to these projects and what will attract investors were the stories and the unique characters that populate them. These are talented writers whose careers are poised to explode."
"We have worked with numerous director/producers in the past, but it is a rare thing to work with someone with such a clear vision,” says George Almbanis of 7 Park Avenue Financial, who are working with Rock On! Films to finance the slate. “Joe Eckardt knows where he wants to go and we're excited to help him get there."
Eckardt’s credits include the films High Hopes (starring Edward Furlong Jason Mewes, Lacey Chabert, and Andy Dick), Champion (a documentary about the life of Danny Trejo featuring interviews with Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Dennis Hopper, Steve Buscemi, and Robert Rodriguez), and his most recent project, the family superhero film Pizza Man, starring Frankie Muniz, Shelley Long and Stan Lee. To date, Eckardt’s films have appeared at over 70 film festivals and specialty engagements worldwide.
OUR MISSION: The film industry is changing at a breakneck pace, and Rock On! Films is built for the future. We're a pioneering studio with veteran leadership; working with a new breed of filmmakers, on a mission to create low risk/high quality/high return independent films with international appeal. Visit http://www.rockonfilms.com for more.
# # #