Mill Valley, CA (PRWEB) March 9, 2011
It is a problem that almost all small business owners are not even aware of nor addressed. Their customers are unhappy with how their websites perform on mobile phones and leave these unfriendly sites to visit the competition. Using First Mobile Website a small business will add a mobile friendly website that is optimized for 5,000+ mobile devices and be designed for the needs of customers on the go.
Here’s the problem: Almost every small business website has been designed for a computer desktop and not a mobile phone. These "not ready for mobile" sites are often slow to load, challenging to navigate, and nearly impossible to read.
This issue is a growing one for consumers, and an opportunity for small business:
1. Two out of three consumers experience problems with mobile sites and 40% are likely to leave and visit a competitor’s site. A main culprit is that the sites are tiny and too hard to read. (Source: Independent study by Equation Research on behalf of Gomez Inc.)
2. The speed, size and design of mobile sites even frustrate the heaviest mobile users. (Source: Study by YouGov on behalf of Antenna Software 2/24/11.)
3. Mobile users plan to use the mobile web to access shopping information as much as or more than their desktop PC in the next 12 months. (Source: Yahoo! and The Nielsen Company 1/15/2011).
“Big companies have moved to complement their PC sites with mobile friendly sites, and it has paid off in significant sales volume. Our mission is to help the small business owner be competitive on the mobile web, but first, they need to realize they have a problem. It is not their fault. It is needed as consumers' habits have quickly shifted to rely on their phones for information using the mobile web,” said Mitchell Cogert, CEO of First Mobile Website.
To help the small business owners determine if their current site has a problem, First Mobile Website provides a free check-up to determine if their site is a friend or foe on mobile phones. If it does not perform well on phones, the business can enhance their online presence by adding a mobile friendly website.
The benefits of an additional website that is specially designed for mobile devices include the following:
- takes advantage of the trend by consumers to use their mobile phones to access websites
- increases sales as a business will be in the pockets of their customers 24/7
- extends and strengthens their brand on the mobile web
- increases traffic to their website
- improves search results
- attracts new customers who conduct searches on their phones
- builds customers loyalty as customers get the information they need, when they need it
- helps to stand out from the competition
- happy customers
To make the transition into the mobile web easier for small businesses, First Mobile Website provides a professionally designed mobile site starting at only $297 with one year of free hosting and mobile domain name.
If the business does not have a website, First Mobile Website provides two websites; one for a desktop PC and one for the mobile web.
To learn more go to http://www.FirstMobileWebsite.com.
About First Mobile Website:
First Mobile Website builds and designs mobile friendly websites for small business. The company uses an award-winning mobile software platform, and adds special features that appear on the screen without scrolling down. It offers one year of free hosting and mobile domain name with purchase, along with a 90 day money back guarantee.