“The HMMA is committed to offering unique, cutting edge opportunities to artists in the ‘new” business of music” affirms Brent Harvey, HMMA co-founder and executive producer.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 9, 2011
THE REAL DEAL will feature luminaries across the spectrum of the industry including Richard Glasser (Head of Music, Weinstein Co.), director Steven Goldmann (Broken Bridges, Trailer Park of Terror, etc.), music supervisors Jerry Davis (Fox Sports), Julia Michels (The Blind Side, Sex in the City 1 & 2, It’s Compicated, etc.) and Robin Urdang (Rabbit Hole, Burn Notice, Brothers & Sisters, etc.), music producer/composer Alan Brewer (Animals, Life After Tomorrow, Mr. Music, etc.), Emmy Award winning composer Jim Dooley (Pushing Daisies, Epic Mickey, etc.), publisher Rhonda Bedikien (Heavy Harmony Music), award winning composers Steffan & Marc Fantini (Criminal Minds, Suspect Behavior, etc.), licensor/producer Art Ford (Worldsongnet.com) and many more…
“The HMMA is committed to offering unique, cutting edge opportunities to artists in the ‘new” business of music” affirms Brent Harvey, HMMA co-founder and executive producer. “It was widely suggested that this particular format and offerings would be impossible to do. That’s all we needed to hear”, concludes Harvey.
THE REAL DEAL is a power packed day of informative, educational and networking experiences that provides immediate results for those wanting to advance their music careers to higher levels. Established industry professionals and brands will be on hand to select music for upcoming projects, and connect personally with attendees. Panels and one-on-one mentoring focusing on the secrets of monetizing music in today’s industry and economic landscape will be featured.
Opportunities at THE REAL DEAL will include:
- Head of Music at Weinstein Co. will select a song for placement in upcoming film
- Composer will be selected for mentoring with Emmy winning composer Jim Dooley
- Artists chosen to have up to 20 songs hosted in the Worldsongnet.com music library.
- Cryo Snowboards will select artist to brand with and be hired for launch party
- Source music will be chosen for Football Channel USA.
- Director will select music for cable network prime-time series
- Grammy™ Music producer will select a songwriter to co-write an original song for upcoming movie musical.
- Prominent music supervisors will select music for pitches of upcoming projects
…and much more
For full schedule, speakers and registration info, visit http://www.hmmawards.org and click on the “Events” tab.
Early discount prices end soon.
The Real Deal
Sunday, April 10th, 2011
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
The Highlands Hollywood
6801 Hollywood Blvd., fourth floor, Hollywood, CA
(Hollywood & Highland / Kodak Theater Center)
For press inquiries on HOLLYWOOD MUSIC IN MEDIA AWARDS (HMMA) or THE REAL DEAL, contact Catherine Lyn Scott, London Flair PR, 323 988 5667 or cls(at)londonflairpr(dot)com