(PRWEB) March 10, 2011
Every day, Americans throw out a collective 1.4 billion pounds of waste: 4.6 pounds of municipal solid waste (MSW) per person adding up to more than 250 million tons of waste generated annually.
The crucial issue is how we dispose of this waste in the most environmentally friendly way whilst capitalizing on the use of waste to create resources that drive up profits.
Currently, the country’s 86 waste-to-energy facilities have 2,700 megawatts of generation capacity, more than the entire domestic solar industry. Similarly, the hundreds of landfills across the country with LFGTE facilities have a collective capacity of 1,600 megawatts. MSW to Biofuels is also booming with the recent raising of the blend wall and the drive to incorporate a variety of feedstocks including waste biomass.
That waste can be a useful resource is beyond doubt – the question is whether you will be up to date with the developments in this area to maximise your stake in the industry. The process is not without complexities and complications; We need to incorporate technology and policy that separates waste into what is recyclable and what can be used to generate power; Emerging enterprises need to see how the market leaders from around the world are confronting roadblocks; Municipal officials on both a county and state level need to have a spectrum of options so that they can choose the best course of action for their municipalities; Developers need access to all the stakeholders as quickly as possible to make their proposals strong and immediately approvable.
This Congress will focus on: Developing profitable and sustainable waste conversion technologies through efficient decision making in project management and waste management strategy.
The Key topic areas requested by the industry are:
- Grasping the Technology: Unmissable workshops that demonstrate the full array of waste conversion technologies and the developments happening right now
- Finance and Investment: Gain insights into the finance and investment required in converting waste recovery facilities to viable revenue generators
- Commercial case studies from across the globe: Harness the potential of new technology by using the proven techniques and avoiding the pitfalls of global success stories
- Get your project approved fast: Discover the latest thinking in fast approval and public acceptance from the people making the decisions
- Project Planning and Development: Find out the necessities for driving down costs and mitigating risk in tough economic times, whilst driving waste recovery forward.
The expert speaker line-up is dominated by stakeholders from all over this industry. Waste management industry leaders such as waste management Inc. and Veolia will demonstrate their commitment to making waste a resource. Whilst professionals in development from consultants and law firms to technology providers and engineering experts will give their insights into profitably moving this industry forward.
For More information please visit:
International Event director
+44 (0) 207 375 7185
# # #