stated Power App's Christian Schaffner.
Pfaeffikon, Switzerland (PRWEB) March 11, 2011
Power App today is pleased to introduce Speech2Tweet 1.0 for iOS, their app that allows users to create and send tweets by speaking into their iOS device. Following a brief period of calibration, during which it accounts for ambient noise levels, the app is ready to take dictation. A full-featured Twitter client, the app meets all the social networking service's latest security requirements. Also included are: switchable automatic geotagging of tweets and photos, URL shortening, TwitPic image service compatibility, retweet, reply, Direct Messages, ad disabling, search for nearby tweets and tweeters, and automatic updating using Twitter's new User Streams API.
The app employs the OpenEars open-source iOS library for English language speech recognition, and the CMU Pocketsphinx and CMU Flite libraries from Carnegie Mellon University. Designed for no-hands text input when use of the virtual keyboard is inconvenient or impossible, users are advised to speak slowly and clearly for best results. The voice recognition, speech-to-text function requires no training period, and works for all English speakers.
Following security breaches to their system in 2010, Twitter was required by the FTC to maintain a "comprehensive information security program," to better safeguard private user data. Because of these new security measures, some old and new Twitter client apps have failed to meet the current standards for approval. Speech2Tweet is fully compliant with all the latest security requirements, and is approved as a Twitter client.
- Dictate and send SMS formatted tweets using speech-to-text in Speech2Tweet
- English language speech-to-text based on open-source Politepix OpenEars
- No training period required - app takes dictation from any English speaker
- App calibrates by sampling ambient noise prior to recording
- Send tweets and Direct Messages from within the app
- Optional virtual keyboard for message editing
- Switchable, automatic geotagging of tweets, pictures, and photos
- TwitPic image service compatibility
- Search for nearby tweets and tweeters
- URL shortening to fit links into Twitter's 140 character limit
Speech2Tweet incorporates the latest open-source, speech-to-text software to send tweets without typing," stated Power App's Christian Schaffner. "Now users can tweet anytime, anywhere."
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 4 tested)
- 10.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Speech2Tweet 1.0 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Social Networking category. Review copies are available upon request.
Power APP GmbH
Speech2Tweet 1.0 : http://www.powerapp.eu/en/apps/80-speech2tweet.html
Purchase and Download : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speech2tweet/id423223587?mt=8
Based in Pfaeffikon, Switzerland, the Power App GmbH is an independent company founded in 2010. Power App GmbH main focus is developing powerful, versatile applications for the Mac and iOS platforms. Copyright (C) 2011 Power App GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.