San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 10, 2011
Spring Break isn’t just for partying anymore (well, not exclusively anyway). Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking nearly 6,000 trip activities and experiences at the best prices has selected a group of adventurous activities in hot destinations to help inspire Spring Breakers to create getaways that won’t have to “stay in Vegas.” Activities from Viator.com in destinations like Mexico, the Bahamas and Las Vegas make Spring Break 2011 more than just another party.
MEXICO – No one is saying Señor Frogs is off limits, but a trip to Mexico for Spring Break can be so much more than just margarita-mania. With careful planning to the most traveler-friendly Mexican hot-spots like Cancun and Cozumel, the action can be hot without the hangover.
- The Jungle Speed Boat Tour from Cancun by wave-runner or mini speedboat is a breathtaking tour across the Nichupte lagoon to the Nizuk Coral Reef, one of the largest in the Western Hemisphere, for snorkeling among living colorful corals and a myriad of tropical fish.
- The Cancun Extreme Zipline Canopy Tour is an adventure through the largest zipline circuit in North America. With 12 ziplines covering nearly two miles, Spring Breakers will experience the lush and tropical Mayan jungle soaring through the trees.
- Cozumel ATV Jungle and Snorkel Combo is a land and sea adventure starting with an 8-plus mile off-road adventure exploring ancient Mayan caves, a Cenote (sink hole) and a small Mayan ruin followed by snorkeling, kayaking and relaxing on the beach.
- The Caribbean Combo - Sailing, Snorkeling and Sunset starts off with includes a snorkel adventure at the Palancar and Colombia reefs, followed by the sunset sail across the Caribbean enjoying Mexican beers, margaritas and entertaining music.
THE BAHAMAS – When planning a Spring Break, white sandy beaches and crystal clear tropical waters come to mind, just like the ones that make up the Bahamas’ beautiful landscape. The casinos will surely help those looking for a party, but Viator has the things to do in the Bahamas to fill the days with adventure and memories.
- The Exuma Powerboat Adventure takes travelers to a private island to feed endangered iguanas as well as sharks and stingrays, take a guided snorkel tour of the reef, a guided island nature walk and enjoy a tropical buffet lunch with open bar.
- Breakers can experience an underwater cruise in a private self-propelled Scenic Underwater Bubble submarine during the Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure that lets swimmers and non-swimmers alike zoom effortlessly around fish-filled coral gardens.
- The Bahamas Beach Party and Snorkel Cruise from Freeport takes breakers to a private beach for a BBQ lunch followed by afternoon of snorkeling, sun-bathing, volleyball and unlimited Bahama Mama rum punch.
LAS VEGAS – Even for those Spring Breakers who can’t belly up to the roulette tables (must be 21 to gamble in Las Vegas), the hot Nevada desert and neighboring Grand Canyon provide travelers with an outdoor playground and things to do in Las Vegas sure to rival the excitement of any casino.
- For Spring Breakers seeking a shot of adrenaline the Bootleg Canyon Zipline Tour, Boulder City’s newest eco-adventure at the base of Red Mountain reaches speeds of up to 50 miles per hour across a series of lines with spectacular views of Las Vegas, Lake Mead and Eldorado Valley.
- Better than betting it all, Las Vegas Tandem Skydiving gives travelers an experience of a life-time (how often do you jump out of a plane after all) with a 60-second freefall followed by a peaceful parachute descent starting nearly 2 miles above the earth.
- River rafting in Vegas may not have crossed the average breakers’ mind, but the Grand Canyon Rafting Trip from Las Vegas (likely to sell out) offers an exhilarating adventure down the mighty Colorado River as well as a helicopter ascent to the rim.
- Don’t let it ride at the tables, let it ride in the desert during the ATV Off-Road Desert Adventure where breakers will zip along sand dunes and gullies during the wild 2.5-hour desert adventure followed by a picnic-style lunch at Fire State Park.
For more Spring Break ideas, travel inspiration as well as the latest news, special promotions, deals, contests and suggestions, travelers can visit the Viator Travel Blog (travelblog.viator.com) as well as Twitter (ViatorTravel) and Facebook (ViatorTours).
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like more than 250,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at http://www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, including seven European-language sites and a Japanese site, Viator welcomes approximately 3 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
# # #