Our customers in the military and other demanding markets have for years relied on our Vigor series rugged workstations for their mission-critical applications. The Vigor EX continues this tradition.
Nashua, NH (PRWEB) March 14, 2011
NextComputing, manufacturer of high-performance portable workstations and servers, announces its latest rugged portable workstation computer, the Vigor EX. Built to withstand harsh environments and handling, the Vigor EX packs high-end workstation performance in a durable chassis for anyone who needs to run demanding software applications in the field.
Graphics- or processing-intensive applications like geospatial imagery analysis, UAV ground control, or HD digital video processing require very high-end, powerful computer hardware to run properly. However, for mobile deployments where size, weight, power, and cooling (SWaP-C) are a concern, a typical rackmount server is oftentimes too large, heavy and power consuming.
The Vigor EX is ideal for these situations. Because this compact system is designed to handle the same compute-hungry tasks normally assigned to full-sized systems, users can comfortably replace larger rackmount hardware with an all-in-one workstation that is easier to transport and set up.
The Vigor EX features:
- Dual-chassis design featuring shock-mounted internal chassis suspended in a rugged, mil-anodized external chassis with no metal-to-metal contact
- Single- or dual-processor low-power Intel® Xeon® architecture or single Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Up to 48GB ECC or 24GB non-ECC DDR3 memory (RAM)
- Over 7TB (terabytes) internal storage capacity with upwards of 1.2GB/s (gigabytes-per-second) sustained RAID write performance (when using twelve (12) 600GB 10,000 RPM SAS 2.5” hard drives in RAID 0)
- Up to seven (7) full-length, full-height PCI Express and PCI expansion slots
- Support for multiple high-end graphics cards (GPUs)
- Integrated 17-inch HD display with optional 2nd and 3rd fold-out displays (screen-less versions also available)
- Removable back-panel allows full access to hot-swappable drives and all internal components for easy service and upgrades
- Weight starting at 35 lbs., depending on configuration
“Our customers in the military and other demanding markets have for years relied on our Vigor series rugged workstations for their mission-critical applications,” says Bob Labadini, President & CTO of NextComputing. “The Vigor EX continues this tradition by packaging the latest COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) motherboard technology in our durable dual-chassis design, while maintaining our commitment to quality and custom engineering services.”
The Vigor EX is available now from NextComputing and its authorized resellers. Please contact NextComputing for pricing.
Based in Nashua, NH, NextComputing is a unique technology company specializing in extreme-performance portables and dense streaming rackmount computers. Its open-standards, modular systems are used throughout many industries for a range of professional applications including real-time 3D visualization, high-throughput data streaming, and high-end application demonstration. For more information, visit http://www.nextcomputing.com.