Chloe, WV (PRWEB) March 11, 2011
SoftForYou, the developer of CyberSieve and iProtectYou (http://www.softforyou.com), Internet filtering solutions for families, educators, businesses and libraries, today announced CyberSieve 2.9.4, our newest version, that allows administrators to control all installed copies remotely from a single computer through a local network or Internet.
There is much to gain from the latest version of CyberSieve with its superior capabilities compared to most similar programs. Flexible opportunities to set practically any imaginable variation is now possible due to Special Web Sites and Special Programs Lists with their own Timetables and Time Limits.
For the network version of the program, the filtration module is set independently on every computer, allowing even distribution of the processing load by computers of the network. In other words, every computer filters independently from the server computer in case of a broken connection with the server.
CyberSieve 2.9.4 offers the following new features and enhancements:
- Added auto-save for the settings on a web server.
- Added synchronization via Internet for Server and Clients.
- Added Time Restricted Programs List. The programs from the Time Restricted Programs List will be terminated in accordance with the Time Restricted Programs Timetable and the Time Limits settings. This way you can restrict usage of any program either by duration (Time Limits) or by the time of day (Timetable).
- Added the ability to process HTTPS protocol for websites' URLs.
- Added the */User format that allow a user with the "User" name (for example) to have identical setting on all computers. If a user with the Windows login name "User" must have identical settings on all computers, then you have to use the "*/User" format. For example, if the "School_users" group has a user with the name "*/John", then a user with the login "John" will have the settings of the "School_users" group. This way of identification allows every particular user to work on any PC where CyberSieve is installed.
- Added a video block for popular search engines.
- Added the ability to control used up Internet time (Daily Time Limits) and Internet traffic volume (Traffic Limits) for each user of a group. Daily Time Limits is set for the entire user group. Each user spends only his own Internet time.
- Added setting options for Client via the command line.
These are just a few of the many benefits that can be achieved by installing parental control software in your home. A vital weapon in the battle to keep your child's computer use safe and educational, parental control software can be considered as a baby-sitter for your kids when you are not available to oversee their computer and Internet activity.
The top rated parental control software program, CyberSieve is an advanced Internet filtering and monitoring program, essential for parents particularly concerned about the possible negative effects of some Internet content for their children. And, it is equally popular with businesses, libraries and schools.
About SoftForYou, Inc.
SoftForYou inc. is a privately held software company specializing in child safety software products for both the home and business markets. Launched in 2000, iProtectYou was specifically developed to help parents protect children online and to give a powerful tool to monitor and guard children from the many online dangers that exist where they have Internet access.
Learn more about SoftForYou at http://www.softforyou.com .
# # #