Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) March 14, 2011
This year the real value of configuration, pricing and quoting strategies will be separated from the hype, and the truest testimony of a company’s efforts will be in its results. The rapid advances in configuration, pricing and quoting strategies will be strengthened with analytics, which will provide measures of performance that were not possible before. Integrating analytics into these strategies will give companies the ability to analyze why some strategies succeed and others do not.
This is according to the e-book “Product Configurator Predictions for 2011" (http://ow.ly/4bMce), presented by Cincom Systems (http://www.cincom.com), which forecasts how configuration, pricing and quoting strategies will differ from previous years.
“2011 is the year that will transform the configuration, pricing and quoting strategies of companies in manufacturing and services industries,” says Louis Columbus, author. “Armed with analytics, marketing takes a leadership role, and product models become more robust and capable of driving new product introductions more effectively than ever before.”
“Product Configurator Predictions for 2011” (http://ow.ly/4bMce) discusses the top 10 predictions for configuration, pricing and quoting strategies such as:
- Selling and pricing analytics by product model will give each manufacturer the chance to achieve the highest level of performance.
- Pricing systems will undergo an extreme makeover based on more effective profitability analysis by product.
- Companies will use configuration, pricing and quoting strategies and analytics technologies to connect marketing efforts with sales results.
- Social network’s usability and user-friendly navigation will influence configuration, pricing and quoting strategies significantly in 2011 and beyond.
- Manufacturers will quit doing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to reduce costs and better manage their production planning.
- The product model-based approach to configuration will redefine the product introduction process.
To download Cincom’s “Product Configurator Predictions for 2011,” visit http://ow.ly/4bMce.
For 42 years, Cincom has helped thousands of clients worldwide by solving complex business problems with its software and services. For more information about Cincom's products and services, contact Cincom at 1-800-2CINCOM (USA only), send an e-mail to info(at)cincom(dot)com or visit the company's website at http://www.cincom.com.