(PRWEB) March 16, 2011
Celebrating the very best in digital-out-of-home campaign content and the digital advertising networks that support it - The Screen is proud to announce it is to host the first LoveContent Annual Awards and exhibit the LoveContent Gallery at ScreenMedia Expo 2011.
The digital signage industry may well be built on technology, but it is 100% dependent on great content to succeed. Created by digital out-of-home industry group The Screen - The LoveContent Gallery showcases, promotes and celebrates this growing global body of work both online (http://www.lovecontent.org) and through a physical traveling exhibit.
The LoveContent exhibit will be rolling into ScreenMedia Expo, Europe’s largest digital-out-of-home exhibition, held at London’s Earls Court on May 18th & 19th 2011. Using the latest in large format displays from PSCo and the best in digital media players from Digital View - the LoveContent team will be showcasing over 100 pieces of innovative and engaging DOOH campaign content on the main show floor.
The Awards - to be held at an evening event on 18th May at ScreenMedia Expo and sponsored by specialist WPP agency SpaFax - will single out the very best of the submissions, assessing key aspects of the creative, operational and technical achievements split over the 8 different award categories. Making the selections is august body of judges drawn from all corners of the DOOH community - including; senior creatives from the Digital Advertising Community (from Ogilvy, JWT & Spafax), senior executives from the Out of Home Industry (from Clear Channel, JCD, CBS Outdoor & Kinetic) and senior A/V industry representatives from ISE & The Screen.
The awards have been created to not only celebrate the best in content - but also to celebrate the creative canvases that are the digital out-of-home formats themselves. The award categories are as follows:
(1) Best Digital Out-Of-Home Campaign: The award for simply the best campaign of the year. The most interesting, ambitious or just plain effective. Voted for by the 3 main outdoor operators, CBS, Clear Channel, JCD.
(2) Digital Out-of-Home Innovation Award: The award for the most interesting new technical or creative development underpinning a campaign.
(3) Best Use Of A Digital Medium: The award for most symbiotic interplay between creative & technology.
(4) Interactivity Award: The award for the most exciting & effective use of interactivity in a digital out of home environment.
(5) Non-Advertising Content Award: The award for the best unique content produced for a digital medium that is not intended for advertising purposes.
(6) Digital Format Award: The award for the best digital out-of-home format, the one that delivers the most interesting creative canvas.
Best New Digital Site: The award for the best and most exciting new digital site in the UK
Industry Award: The award for the company that has done the most to advance the DOOH industry in the last 12 months.
Open to any creative agency, the only rule for submissions is that the creative has played on a public digital out-of-home format.
Submitting campaign entries couldn’t be easier - simply click on the submission button on the LoveContent website (http://www.lovecontent.org) and follow the upload instructions.
There is no cost to enter - and any single organisation can submit upto 3 recent pieces of work. The deadline for entries is 30th April 2011.
For more information please contact Lisa Goldstein on 07952407974 or lisa(dot)goldstein(at)thescreen(dot)org
The LoveContent Judging Panel:
Helping The Screen judge the LoveContent Awards will be a panel of digital out-of-home industry experts under the watchful eye of London’s leading DOOH creative agency Grand Visual. The panel members are:
Niall McBain, CEO, Spafax
Eric Penot, Digital Media Director at JCDecaux
Paul Banham, Digital Creative Director, JWT
Nicole Yershon, Director Of Innovative Solutions, Ogilvy
Lisa Rokny, Head of Digital Commercial Development, CBS Outdoor
Carolyn Nugent, UK Head of Digital, Kinetic
Derek Manns, Head of Create, Clear Channel
Mike Blackman, Managing Director, Integrated Systems Events
Richard Cobbold, Chairman, The Screen.