Bothell, WA (PRWEB) March 17, 2011
The Bellevue Collection today announced the installation of its ChargePoint® networked electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in 15 locations in The Bellevue Collection parking garages. The ChargePoint stations are now installed and were unveiled at a “Plug In Ceremony” in the NE parking garage at Bellevue Square.
ChargeNorthwest's Jim Billmaier and Kemper Development Company's Glen Bachman hosted the announcement event. Additionally several electric vehicles including the Nissan LEAF and Tesla Roadsters were on display and used to demonstrate how the charge stations work.
The installation of these new ChargePoint stations is part of an overall program by The Bellevue Collection management toward greater environmental stewardship.
There are fifteen locations at The Bellevue Collection featuring the networked electric vehicle (EV) charging stations:
- 5 ports in the West Garage on the 2nd level near sky bridge #2
- 4 ports in the Northeast Garage, 1st floor near Nordstrom
- 4 in the Lincoln Square Garage on the 1st level (P1)
- 2 ports in the Bellevue Place Garage on the 1st level (P1)
Our Other Green Efforts Include:
- A portion of the landscape is irrigated with reclaimed water
- Extensive use of low evaporation drip irrigation
- Shrubbery and tree cuttings are mulched and composted
- Use of drought tolerant and native plantings
With Waste Stream management & Landfill Diversion:
- Cardboard recovery program
- Trash recycling
- Kitchen waste composting
- Bulb recycling program
- Paint disposal program
- Styrofoam recovery system
Our Carpooling & Telecommuting;
- Park & ride program through Trans manage
Our use of Materials & resources includes:
- Low VOC paints
- Biodegradable janitorial products
- Recyclable paper products
- And energy efficient lighting & appliances
“Bellevue Square has been a trend setting shopping destination for generations in our community,” said Freeman. “It’s only fitting that we would be the location of the first ChargePoint stations for shopping centers in the region to offer this to our customers. You can be charging while shopping or dining. What could be easier for our customers?”
The new installation at The Bellevue Collection is part of Coulomb’s $37 million ChargePoint America program. Coulomb’s ChargePoint America program will provide 4,600 free charging stations in nine regions in the United States: Austin, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando/Tampa, Sacramento, San Jose/San Francisco Bay Area, Redmond/Bellevue, Washington DC/Baltimore, Southern Michigan (including Grand Rapids, Lansing, Ann Arbor, Detroit). Installation of the ChargePoint charging stations is underway now in all nine regions. Businesses interested in free ChargePoint stations can visit http://www.chargepointamerica.com to apply.
Coulomb’s ChargePoint® Network is open to all drivers of plug-in vehicles and all manufacturers of plug-in vehicle charging stations. ChargePoint Network’s unique features include:
- The ability for drivers to access stations via contactless credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover)
- 24/7/365 telephone driver support via a toll free number on all charging stations
- Smart Grid ready with built in Utility Grade Capable Metering, Time of Use (TOU) pricing and Demand Response (DR) control
- Smart Phone applications to find unoccupied stations, navigate to them, and operate them
- Low operating cost through remote monitoring, alerts, diagnosis, and control
“Charge Northwest is working closely with cities and businesses to make our community EV ready,” said Jim Billmaier founding partner of Charge Northwest and regional distributor of ChargePoint solutions. “The Bellevue Collection is demonstrating their leadership by installing and showcasing the first networked charging stations for their customers.”
About ChargePoint America
The $37 million ChargePoint America program is made possible by a $15M grant funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act through the Transportation Electrification Initiative administered by the Department of Energy. ChargePoint America will provide 4,600 public and home ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations by October 2011, adding to the existing ChargePoint Network. Coulomb will work together with its distribution and industry partners to evaluate the demand from the respective geographic regions and allocate charging stations based on this and other factors. The ChargePoint America project will collect data characterizing vehicle use and charging patterns, and Purdue University and Idaho National Labs will analyze the data. For more program information, visit http://www.chargepointamerica.com.
About The Bellevue Collection
Located in the heart of Bellevue, Washington, The Bellevue Collection includes Bellevue Square, Bellevue Place and Lincoln Square. With a distinctive collection of 250 of the finest shops, 23 sit-down restaurants, a 16-screen premier cinema, 700 luxury hotel rooms and 10,000 free retail parking spaces, all in one location. The Bellevue Collection is an experience unlike any other in the region. It is located on Bellevue Way between NE 4th and NE 10th Street in downtown Bellevue, just across Lake Washington from Seattle.
# # #