Waterloo, ON (PRWEB) March 22, 2011
Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS), a world leader in telematics and mobile media solutions has announced the commercial availability of xtop across North America. xtop is a smartphone and PC downloadable app that seamlessly extends smartphone communications directly to a laptop, desktop PC or netbook, soon to include tablets Internet connected TVs, simply by walking up to them.
With xtop, the smartphone acts as a ‘virtual passport’ that pairs with a PC or laptop. It can extend up to three devices to a smartphone so users can stay connected at home, in the office or on the go. As soon as the user is within Bluetooth® range, xtop seamlessly hands off smartphone data to the selected Internet connection, enabling users to surf the web, email, text, PIN, take incoming phone calls and even back up contacts through a computer, without picking up the handheld device.
- xtop users need never miss a call in meetings, class or at a desk. xtop provides real-time notification of all incoming calls directly to a laptop or PC so users don’t have to reach for their smartphone.
- Single-click tethering takes the hassle out of tethering the smartphone to a PC, letting users get the most out of their wireless data plan by allowing them surf the web on their PC from anywhere.
- Text, PIN and IM from a computer. Send and receive text messages with xtop in a chat window directly from a laptop or PC screen.
- Access BIS and BES email all in one place. Users can even access webmail accounts on their BlackBerry® from anywhere, without the need for a Wi-Fi hot-spot.
- Automatic back-up of contacts, text messages and email whenever the user walks within Bluetooth® range of their laptop or PC.
Pricing and Availability
xtop is available for BlackBerry® handhelds and Windows® laptops, netbooks and desktop PCs across North America through PocketGear.com and Handango.com as well as select carriers for $59 per year. For more information please visit http://www.myxtop.com.
IMS has emerged as a world leader in developing world class “connected car” solutions. IMS already has key components of the “connected car” in-market today with products such as iLane, a voice interactive apps platform for cars, DriveSync a turn-key telematics platform powering usage-based insurance, fleet monitoring and vehicle tracking applications and the
Metro Traffic Engine, delivering real-time traffic pulse to minimize the effects of traffic and road conditions for cities, governments, businesses and consumers.
IMS is creating the leading unified in-vehicle platform that offers the most advanced safety, mobile media and telematics solutions in the industry.
Visit http://www.intellimec.com for more information.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
Microsoft and MS Windows families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
# # #