Would you please send the luggage to my room?
Hamburg, Germany (PRWEB) March 24, 2011
Jourist Verlags GmbH today is pleased to announce the release of Travel Interpreter for Android devices. Travel Interpreter is a talking phrasebook which translates English into 28 different languages. Choose any supported language and the app displays 15 topics from which the user can select one of 2,100 useful words or phrases. Each phrase is spoken aloud by a native speaker, illustrated with a witty cartoon, written out in English, the foreign language and an English transliteration.
Travel Interpreter employs a convenient method for navigating to the desired phrase. 15 topics or categories appear in a scrollable list: Basics, Traveling, Hotel, Local Transport, Sightseeing, Bank, Means of Communication, In the Restaurant, Food/Drinks, Shopping, Repairs/ Laundry, Sports/ Leisure, Health/ Drugstore, Beauty Care, and Calling for Police. Having chosen a topic, 4 - 18 subtopics are listed. Finally, 5 - 25 phrases are listed from which the user can select. To ask "Would you please send the luggage to my room?", the user selects the topic Hotel, then the subtopic Service, and then the phrase. Alternatively, the user may simply type in the word "luggage" and be taken directly to the phrase.
- More than 2,100 illustrated phrases and words with audio tracks are included per language.
- You can download up to 28 target languages: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Russian, Bulgarian, Greek, Hungarian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Hindi, Vietnamese, Farsi.
- You download only the languages you need.
Each language takes about 25 MB free space on your SD-card.
- All phrases are spoken by native speakers.
- Precise and simple categories with topics and sub-topics.
- Fast full text search function, also for partial words.
- All content stored on the device, no internet connection required for use.
You only need to download the necessary languages ones.
- Each entry is illustrated, making communication even easier.
- Includes phonetic characters for the following languages:
Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew and Thai.
"Travel Interpreter for Android devices is a very practical tool when traveling," stated Managing Director Igor Jourist. "I just hold up my Android smartphone, tap the screen, and the person with whom I trying to communicate hears "me" in his native language."
- Android smartphones and Tablet PCs
- 1.6 and up
Pricing and Availability:
Travel Interpreter is available for $9.99 (USD) worldwide exclusively through the Android Market in the Travel & Local category. The Trial version is available in the Android Market.
Jourist Verlags GmbH
Located in Hamburg, Germany, Jourist Verlags GmbH was founded in 1997. For the past 13 years it has been a successful publishing house for language software with a focus on publishing up-to-date and innovative electronic dictionaries, translating software, language courses and phrasebooks for over 30 languages. The company is flexible to the demands of the constantly growing market, and
is a leader in the field of innovative language software. Jourist offers successful linguistic products for various operating systems: Windows, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Mac OS X, iPhone, Android. Copyright (C) 2011 Jourist Verlags GmbH.