A unique event for senior leaders to learn about the practical applications of strategy management and performance excellence from other organizations who have been down the road before.
Plymouth Meeting, PA (PRWEB) March 24, 2011
ActiveStrategy, Inc., the leading provider of software and consulting solutions for strategy and performance management, today revealed the full line-up for the company’s annual conference that will take place May 2-4, 2011 in Philadelphia. This year’s theme, “Next Generation Strategy Management,” was chosen to recognize the growing interest among leading companies to successfully tie strategic management to operational execution; the selected speakers include senior leaders from organizations that have a proven track record of success at doing just that. In fact, three of the speakers hail from organizations that have received one or more awards for performance excellence in state-level programs based upon the national Baldrige Performance Excellence program.
This year’s scheduled speakers and topics include:
- "Achieving Alignment through Strategy Execution at Merck," presented by Patricia Jaar Watson, Manager, Strategy Realization, Merck, a Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame Organization
- “Becoming an Outcome-Focused Organization,” presented by Evelio Torres, President and CEO, Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade/Monroe
- "Best Practices in Strategic Planning & Deployment," presented by Yvonne Hochfelder, Chief Strategy Officer, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs VHA Chief Business Office
- “Developing Customer Metrics that Actually Work,” presented by Mark Graham Brown, ActiveStrategy strategic consulting partner and author of numerous books about performance measurement, including "Keeping Score – Using the Right Metrics to Drive World Class Business"
- “Performance Excellence as a Survival Strategy,” presented by Wayne Ferch, CEO of Feather River Hospital, 4-time recipient of the Baldrige-based California Award for Performance Excellence
- "Pushing Excellence Through Organizational Barriers," presented by Col. John Harris, Assistant Adjutant General for Army, Joint Force Headquarters-Ohio, Ohio Army National Guard, recipient of five awards for performance excellence
- "Using Performance Metrics to Win Business & Manage Customer Relationships," presented by Scott Walters, Vice President of National Accounts, AlliedBarton Security Services
The agenda includes additional speakers from healthcare, government, pharmaceutical companies, and non-profit organizations. Many of the speakers’ presentations will illustrate how ActiveStrategy Enterprise performance management software enables and supports their efforts to become more strategy- and performance-focused organizations, as well as leadership, change management, and performance improvement best practices that may be applied across industries, organization types, and sizes.
There will also be a parallel track for ActiveStrategy Enterprise software administrators and “power users” that will be more technical in nature and will include highlights of the newest release of ActiveStrategy Enterprise software.
A pre-conference workshop day on Monday, May 2 will provide attendees in-depth learning experiences on a choice of topics. In one workshop, author Mark Graham Brown will lead attendees through creating “Next Generation Scorecards.” The other workshop, entitled “Next-Generation Strategic Planning Techniques that Drive Clarity and Alignment,” will be conducted by Root Learning, a firm that uses strategic consulting and proprietary creative engagement methods to solve meaningful business problems where people are the critical lever to success.
This is the seventh year that ActiveStrategy has hosted this event in Philadelphia, though this will be the first time that the venue will be the Hyatt Regency Penn’s Landing on the waterfront. Previous conferences have consistently been rated highly by attendees. For example, a 2010 attendee from the Municipality of Carson City, NV said “this was one of the best conferences that I have ever attended.” A colonel from NATO who had attended multiple ActiveStrategy events said: “As usual, your conference had a very good pick of topics and speakers with a wide diversity of backgrounds. The event covered many of my questions and facilitated a better understanding of Balanced Scorecards and performance management.” An attendee from Unisys described the 2010 conference as “very valuable from a number of perspectives: it allowed us to compare our management system to more mature management systems, it let us hear lessons learned from businesses that have gone down this road, and it helped us learn more about the ActiveStrategy system’s capabilities.”
The 2011 ActiveStrategy Conference on strategy management is open to all organizations interested in learning more about strategy execution, performance excellence, and improving overall business. Registration is now being accepted online at http://www.activestrategy.com/conference.
Based outside of Philadelphia, PA, ActiveStrategy’s singular focus is enabling results through strategy execution and performance management. Through a combination of the world’s most comprehensive performance management software, ActiveStrategy Enterprise, and leading management consulting services, ActiveStrategy helps organizations of all sizes and in all sectors dramatically improve their business performance.