As hosts look to capitalize on the accommodation shortage and increased demand, we anticipate as many as 1,500 more listings to be posted in the weeks leading up to the Royal Wedding.
London (PRWeb UK) March 28, 2011
Airbnb (http://www.airbnb.com), the leading community marketplace that lets anyone discover and book unique spaces from people around the world has outlined recommendations to make the most of increased demand in accommodation during the Royal Wedding celebrations.
Airbnb currently has over 800 listings of spaces in London from the 28th-30th of April with 445 already rented. On average, listings from the period of 28th April to 30th April have rented for £225 per night, nearly 100 per cent higher than at other times. The highest priced listing in the area for the time period is £1350/night, an elegant 3 bedroom townhouse in Camden Town, while the most affordable is £33 per night, a bedroom in a beautiful home in North London.
Brian Chesky, CEO and co-founder explains, “As hosts look to capitalize on the accommodation shortage and increased demand, we anticipate as many as 1,500 more listings to be posted in the weeks leading up to the Royal Wedding. It is mutually beneficial for the host and visitor – Londoners have the opportunity to earn extra cash and visitors have more options for unique accommodation in prime locations.”
Airbnb recommends the following tips for Londoners listing their spaces for rent to during the Royal Wedding to maximize earnings:
1. Professional photos: Airbnb is offering free professional photography to every host in London. Airbnb has a team of professional photographers that they’ve contracted with to take stunning images of people's homes and apartments. Professional quality photos are one of the greatest ways to increase the demand for a listing. The average revenue to date for hosts in London who post their own pictures is £1300, whereas hosts who have used our professionals have made on average £7,666 (over 5 times more).
2. Well written listings: Enticing descriptions go a long way to helping travellers make booking decisions. Airbnb recommends that hosts include a thorough description of the property, a full list of amenities and other information helpful to travellers like distances from key attractions and tube stations. Airbnb’s community support team is available 24 hours a day to help hosts set up their account, provide individual tips for writing good listing descriptions and answer any other questions hosts have to help them get the most out of their listings.
3. Be social: Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace that has the distinction of having introduced unique social features that help to build trust and increase open communication between travellers and hosts. Hosts with complete user profiles, including profile photos often see an increase in demand for their places.
4. Optimize your listing: Airbnb has built a special tool that lets hosts easily repost their listings to Gumtree and Craigslist in a beautifully formatted style, with high quality photos. By reposting to Gumtree and Craigslist, UK hosts are able to get their listing in front of an even wider audience.
5. Network with friends: Airbnb allows new users to instantly build their credibility within our community of users by getting friend recommendations. These friend recommendations are usually from close friends and help communicate key attributes about hosts such as hospitality, cleanliness, and friendliness.
Listing your space on Airbnb is completely free and only takes a few minutes. Simply create a profile and upload details of your unique space for rent and Airbnb will contact you to schedule professional photography. To learn more about hosting your space on Airbnb, explore http://www.airbnb.com/info/why_host.
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique spaces around the world online or from an iPhone device. Whether the available space is a castle for a night, a sailboat for a week, or an apartment for a month, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to showcase these distinctive spaces to an audience of millions. By facilitating bookings and financial transactions, Airbnb makes the process of listing or booking a space effortless and efficient. With unique listings available in more than 9,000 cities and 176 countries, Airbnb offers the widest variety of unique spaces for everyone, at any price point around the globe. The company has raised $7.8 million from Sequoia Capital and Greylock Partners.
press [at] airbnb dot com
Allison & Partners
airbnb [at] allisonpr dot com