that will revolutionize the way America shops
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) March 29, 2011
GenLED LIGHTING, a global leader in LED lighting products, introduces its new generation of LED retrofit lamps at Global Shop (Booth 3257) in Las Vegas. The new line of lamps offer color temperatures, energy efficiency and long life suited specifically to the retail market. GenLED LIGHTING's new line of LED retrofit lamps has the potential to dramatically expand the market for LED lighting technology in retail and shop environments.
"GenLED LIGHTING is making energy efficient LED lighting available for a wider range of retail applications by delivering unrivaled performance and customizable options with the retail environment in mind. Our new line of LED retrofit lamps uses approximately 75% less energy than the traditional lighting technology lamps they replace. In most retail applications, GenLED's new line of LED retrofit lamps should pay for themselves in less than one year based on energy savings alone. This rapid payback coupled with the exceptionally long life of LEDs and GenLED's committed design focus on the retail market will result in strong market for these products," said Steven Moya, President and Chief Executive Officer of General LED, GenLED LIGHTING's parent company.
The new GenLED retrofit lamp line includes the following lamp types:
- MR 16 -- A small MR 16 LED lamp for use in track, recessed ceiling lights and pendant fixtures. Ideal in high end retail, museum, hospitality, and restaurant applications. Available in 15 and 35 degree beam angles. Consumes 3.5 watts and lasts 35,000 hours. Replaces 20-35W halogen MR16 lamps.
- PAR 20 -- A PAR 20 LED lamp for use in track, recessed ceiling lights, retail display and pendant fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant, and office applications. Dimmable, available in 15 and 35 degree beam angles. Consumes 7 watts and lasts 35,000 hours. Replaces 35-50W halogen PAR 20 lamps.
- PAR 30 LN-- A PAR 30 LED long neck lamp for use in track, recessed ceiling lights, retail display and pendant fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant, and office applications. Dimmable, available in 15, 25 and 40 degree beam angles. Consumes 12 watts and lasts 35,000 hours. Replaces 50W halogen PAR 30 lamps.
- PAR 38 -- A PAR 38 LED lamp for use in track, recessed ceiling lights, retail display and pendant fixtures. Ideal in retail, hospitality, restaurant, and office applications. Dimmable, available in 15, 25 and 35 degree beam angles. Consumes approximately 15 watts and lasts about 35,000 hours. Replaces a 75W PAR 38 halogen lamp.
- T8 - The T8 LED lamp delivers over 35,000 hours of dependable, flicker-free light. It fits into standard 4 foot troffers and operates without a ballast. It is available in 8 and 16.5 wattages. It comes is warm (3200K), neutral (4100K), cool (5800K) and daylight (6500K). Replaces T8 fluorescent tubes.
The new line of GenLED retrofit lamps offers excellent light color developed for a variety of retail design options. The lamps do not emit UV or IR light and are mercury and lead-free.
New Technologies at the Show
In addition to the new lamp line, GenLED LIGHTING is unveiling an innovative fixture solution that delivers both energy and maintenance savings. The new fixture offers retailers and designers a virtually maintenance-free way to change lighting configurations in the store. AgiLight, GenLED LIGHTING's sister company, is showcasing its retail signage solutions and the company's R&D organization is launching a microelectronic technology "that will revolutionize the way America shops," according to Moya.
"GenLED is proud to introduce its next generation of retail LED retrofit lamps, fixtures and technologies to the attendees at Global Shop 2011. It is an ideal environment to showcase lighting products that have been developed for the retail market. We have a variety of customizable solutions that not only offer an environmentally responsible alternative but help the designer and retailer create a retail environment that attracts customers and is easy to maintain," said Tom Heelan, Vice President of Sales at GenLED LIGHTING.
Visit the GenLED LIGHTING Booth 3257 at Global Shop, Las Vegas to see a demonstration of these innovative lighting products.
About General LED
General LED, Inc. was founded as AgiLight, Inc. in 2003 and in the same year, following several rounds of financing, the Company incorporated in Delaware as AgiLight Holdings. In 2007, the Company changed its name to General LED, Inc. General LED currently operates as a holding company engaged in the application of LED (light emitting diode) technology. With three principal business units; commercial signage through AgiLight Inc., architectural lighting through GenLED LIGHTING; and Micro Information Packaging, the General LED companies provide quality, energy efficient lighting products as well as advanced product research and development. General LED is a privately held company supported by San Antonio-based McCombs Partners, the investment division of McCombs Enterprises (http://www.mccombspartners.com ) and by the Royal Group based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (http://www.royalgroupuae.com ). General LED has offices in San Antonio, TX and Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Visit us at http://www.generalled.com or at http://www.agilight.com.