Flexibility is critical in today's data center environment and will be imperative for businesses in the years ahead. The data center is a dynamic environment and optimizing performance in that environment requires a flexible infrastructure.
Columbus, OH (PRWEB) March 29, 2011
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson and the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity™, today introduced the Liebert APM row-based, modular uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system. The Liebert APM 45 or 90kW model (60 Hz frequency) is available in North America and South America. It is a transformer-free, on-line UPS that allows quick power capacity increases with the addition of modular FlexPower™ technology.
Flexible, Efficient Row-Based UPS with Reliability Features of an Enterprise UPS
With efficiencies of up to 94 percent at typical load levels, Liebert APM offers the industry's highest efficiency rating.
The internal FlexPower core assemblies of the Liebert APM allow the system to expand for capacity or redundancy in 15 kW increments up to 45 or 90kW within a single cabinet. Addition or replacement of FlexPower cores can be accomplished without powering down connected equipment.
The FlexPower cores incorporate distributed intelligence and scalable power in a common assembly and allow configuration of a completely redundant power and control system, sized to match the capacity of the protected equipment. When power requirements change, data center managers can easily add capacity without increasing the system footprint. This approach allows for right-sizing of the UPS, resulting in improved energy efficiency and reduced power expenditures.
The 90 kW frame uses matching external battery cabinets for battery runtime, and allows for 90 kW of capacity, or 75 kW of capacity plus 15 kW of redundancy. The 45 kW frame allows for 45 kW of capacity, or 30 kW of capacity plus 15 kW of redundancy, and includes internal batteries with optional external battery cabinet for additional runtime.
In both models, the external battery cabinet can be outfitted with Alber BDSi monitoring system to constantly monitor each battery, ensuring battery reliability and allowing for proactive management.
Integrated Component of Emerson Network Power's Smart Solutions.
The Liebert APM is an integral component providing advanced uninterruptible power for three offerings within Emerson Network Power's Smart Solutions family of intelligent, integrated infrastructure systems for the data center, introduced in early 2011, including SmartRow infrastructure in a single row, the SmartMod rapid-deployment enclosure, and the SmartAisle row-based building blocks.
These Smart Solutions bring together best-of-breed technologies and industry best practices to enable cost-effective management of capacity, efficiency and availability through interoperable systems configured to speed implementation, adapt to change and reduce costs.
Details on the Liebert APM:
- The Liebert APM is available in two configurations: 45kW and 90kW.
- The Liebert APM features an optional bypass distribution cabinet (BDC) that provides wrap-around maintenance bypass so the attached load can run on utility power during UPS service.
- The unit features a menu-driven monitor panel that displays unit metering and status information in a logical format, including utility power input, bypass, output and load data; as well as battery characteristics and history and event logs.
- The UPS is available with input voltages of 208V, 480V or 600V, with 208V output.
- The Liebert APM can be installed in raised or non-raised floor applications.
- It is ideally suited for small to medium-sized data centers, server rooms, production areas, labs and testing facilities and telecommunications or process controls centers.
Quotes attributable to Peter Panfil, vice president and general manager for the Liebert AC Power business of Emerson Network Power:
- "Flexibility is critical in today's data center environment and will be imperative for businesses in the years ahead. The data center is a dynamic environment and optimizing performance in that environment requires a flexible infrastructure."
- "The cost-efficient Liebert APM UPS gives data center managers the reliability and flexibility they need while offering the industry's highest efficiency. It operates at up to 94 percent efficiency, with a virtually flat efficiency curve from 50-100 percent load, resulting in significant energy cost savings. The Liebert APM also eliminates single points of failure that are inherent in competitive products."
Quotes attributable to Michael Robinson, senior network administrator for Okuma America Corp.:
- "The Liebert APM provides our data center with the reliability of an enterprise UPS, while giving us the much-needed flexibility to adapt to increasing power demands."
- "From a cost perspective, the peace of mind the Liebert APM provides is invaluable. Our area recently experienced a power failure and our servers did not miss a beat. I came to work and did not even realize there was an outage until I noticed that other parts of our facility were without power. Our data center was still up and running."
For more information on the Liebert APM, SmartRow, SmartMod, SmartAisle, or any other Liebert technologies and services from Emerson Network Power, visit http://www.Liebert.com.
About Emerson Network Power
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson, is the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity™ from grid to chip for telecommunication networks, data centers, health care and industrial facilities. Emerson Network Power provides innovative solutions and expertise in areas including AC and DC power and precision cooling systems, embedded computing and power, integrated racks and enclosures, power switching and controls, infrastructure management, and connectivity. All solutions are supported globally by local Emerson Network Power service technicians. Liebert AC power, precision cooling and monitoring products and services from Emerson Network Power deliver Efficiency Without Compromise™ by helping customers optimize their data center infrastructure to reduce costs and deliver high availability. For more information, visit http://www.Liebert.com, http://www.EmersonNetworkPower.com or http://www.Eu.EmersonNetworkPower.com.
Emerson, based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and tools and storage businesses. Sales in fiscal 2010 were $21 billion. For more information, visit http://www.Emerson.com.